A couple of general queries.

jjsays

Firstly I would like to thank everyone at CC for arming me, as an upcoming, first time cruiser, with a wealth of information. Most appreciated. :D

I do still have a few questions which I hope will not bore you. - No drink package or cabin choosing questions I promise!! :p

1. Mimosas! On one morning of the year (Christmas) I love to indulge in these delightful drinks. Today I spied them on a posted special breakfast menu. Are they available every breakfast? We are traveling on the ROS. Will I look like a lush if I indulge - every morning? :eek:
  2. Can someone please explain what DH/DW etc. mean? I assume it is Dear Husband and whatever specifically used on the forum but perhaps I am missing a cruise etiquette thing?
  3. On careful study of the deck plans I note that there are two sets of elevators on the Radiance, one forward and the main central set. Seeing as our cabin is forward I am hoping passengers have access and the forward set are not purely service elevators. Any advice there please?
  4. We are only going on a six night cruise, with three full sea days. Is this long enough for added excitements such as formal and theme nights or do the cruise lines forgo these on short cruises?
  5. Finally ( for now haha) Disembarkation - I gather we put bags outside the cabin the night before - but then what please? Do we get breakfast? Is there a staggered time schedule? Any chance of sleeping in even a little? Say til 7.30 am? My husband is a long term shift worker and early mornings really are a wrench for him.

Thank you very much and apologies that I have not yet found the answer to these questions in my trawling through this great site.

1. Mimosas! On one morning of the year (Christmas) I love to indulge in these delightful drinks. Today I spied them on a posted special breakfast menu. Are they available every breakfast? We are traveling on the ROS. Will I look like a lush if I indulge - every morning? :eek:
    We often, with friends, take a glass of champagne to breakfast in the dining room. No one else cares. You can bring two bottles of wine on board per cabin. Just order an orange juice in the dining room and you're all set to go!

2. Can someone please explain what DH/DW etc. mean? I assume it is Dear Husband and whatever specifically used on the forum but perhaps I am missing a cruise etiquette thing?
    Yes, Dear Husband and Dear Wife.

3. On careful study of the deck plans I note that there are two sets of elevators on the Radiance, one forward and the main central set. Seeing as our cabin is forward I am hoping passengers have access and the forward set are not purely service elevators. Any advice there please? You are OK. The service elevators don't appear on the deck plans. However, on boarding day, one or two lifts may be closed for luggage delivery.

4. We are only going on a six night cruise, with three full sea days. Is this long enough for added excitements such as formal and theme nights or do the cruise lines forgo these on short cruises?
    Six nights is enough time for that.

5. Finally ( for now haha) Disembarkation - I gather we put bags outside the cabin the night before - but then what please? Do we get breakfast? Is there a staggered time schedule? Any chance of sleeping in even a little? Say til 7.30 am? My husband is a long term shift worker and early mornings really are a wrench for him.
    Depends on what time you want to leave the ship. Do you have a flight to catch? Also, cabin attendants have a very busy morning on the last day and will appreciate your cooperation during disembarking. You may want to discuss that morning ahead of time with your cabin attendant.

Thank you very much and apologies that I have not yet found the answer to these questions in my trawling through this great site.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

questions I can answer:

4) They will have a formal night and possibly theme nights on your cruise. We have gone on 4 nighters and had them. There will be PLENTY to do and experience on the sea days as well as port days.

5) You can choose to do self debarkation (and keep all your luggage with you) or put out your bags the night before and go with the assigned group when leaving (remember to keep a small bag with you for pjs, toiletries, meds and valuables, etc) Sleeping in til 7:30 should be fine but the cabin attendants are going to be getting going early that morning so they are ready for the next set of passengers. Breakfast is shorter on departure morning so if you sleep in, that may not be too abundant when you get there (or forgo breakfast on the ship)

Enjoy your first cruise-I was hooked after mine! :)

Firstly I would like to thank everyone at CC for arming me, as an upcoming, first time cruiser, with a wealth of information. Most appreciated. :D

I do still have a few questions which I hope will not bore you. - No drink package or cabin choosing questions I promise!! :p

3. On careful study of the deck plans I note that there are two sets of elevators on the Radiance, one forward and the main central set. Seeing as our cabin is forward I am hoping passengers have access and the forward set are not purely service elevators. Any advice there please?

Enjoy your cruise and you will become addicted!

1. Yes you can have a mimosa with every breakfast and no people won't think you're a lush

2. Yes Dear Husband/wife etc

3. Yes for your use

4. Yes there will be a formal night and sea days are fantastic

5.no chance of a lie in but 7.30 maybe ok as others have said the crew want you off the ship so they can prepare for the next cruise

Cheers

Pat

1. Mimosas! On one morning of the year (Christmas) I love to indulge in these delightful drinks. Today I spied them on a posted special breakfast menu. Are they available every breakfast? We are traveling on the ROS. Will I look like a lush if I indulge - every morning? :eek: all day every day at any bar
  2. Can someone please explain what DH/DW etc. mean? I assume it is Dear Husband and whatever specifically used on the forum but perhaps I am missing a cruise etiquette thing? Dear, Damn, Designated. depends on the mood. it is a generally accepted shortcut on all internet message boards
  3. On careful study of the deck plans I note that there are two sets of elevators on the Radiance, one forward and the main central set. Seeing as our cabin is forward I am hoping passengers have access and the forward set are not purely service elevators. Any advice there please? the staff only elevators are hidden from passenger view.
  4. We are only going on a six night cruise, with three full sea days. Is this long enough for added excitements such as formal and theme nights or do the cruise lines forgo these on short cruises? might only have one formal night as opposed to two.
  5. Finally ( for now haha) Disembarkation - I gather we put bags outside the cabin the night before - but then what please? Do we get breakfast? Is there a staggered time schedule? Any chance of sleeping in even a little? Say til 7.30 am? My husband is a long term shift worker and early mornings really are a wrench for him. they want you out of the room by 8 ish and breakfast hours tend to reflect that.

you will be given tags to put on luggage to help you find it in the pick up area. you will be called to leave when your number comes up. you can also choose to self carry everything but you get no help at all (and elevators will be impossible to get)

Thank you so much all. I am one of those people who love to plan, research, prepare and dream about my holidays well in advance - that way I can take it ever so easy when the vacation actually happens ;) All of this great info and helpful advice just makes it so much fun for me :D