Cape Canaveral Reasonably Priced Hotels

Clipper123

Anyone found a nice, clean hotel for around $100 in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area within a short walking distance to the beach? We are currently booked at International Palms but the reviews are totally hit and miss; one review is great, the next within the same week is terrible/want to sleep in my car bad. Just not sure we want to stay there even for only one night!

I am going with the positive reviews and holding my breath! We got a great rate along with a shuttle service from MCO and back. Airfare killed us as we are flying during February break - I had to save somewhere and figured for one night, why not! Will be interested in hearing feedback other than Trip advisor.

I am going with the positive reviews and holding my breath! We got a great rate along with a shuttle service from MCO and back. Airfare killed us as we are flying during February break - I had to save somewhere and figured for one night, why not! Will be interested in hearing feedback other than Trip advisor.

Does your rate at IP include shuttle service from MCO and back or is that separate? That might be worth looking into. We got a rate of $76 + tax and were planning on renting a car at MCO, returning at the port the next day and then taking a shuttle back to MCO from the port.

I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a room for 14 hours, probably 7 or 8 of which we will actually be in the room but I also don't want to start our vacation off on a bad note if they are terrible rooms. I think the renovated rooms are the ones getting the good reviews and the bad reviews are the rooms that have yet to be renovated. I guess we have a 50% chance of getting a renovated one :confused:

For the four of us, husband and two children, total for roundtrip shuttle and room was just under $250 (not including tip for driver). We used goportcanaveral.com.

We priced out different hotels and car rentals and this seemed to be best way for us to go. We have done the rental before and shuttle back and that was a hassle. This will be a learning experience for the next time I suppose!!

As for the rooms, from the reviews I have read, it seems the staff at IP is very accommodating and I am hoping that by calling a week or so ahead I can request a renovated room. We probably won't be in our room much either as coming from up north we will be soaking up whatever sunshine and balmy breezes are available- clean beds and towels are all we really need.

Good luck in your decision!!

Forgot to mention, the shuttle service will arrange for your transportation to the cruise terminal morning of cruise- that's included as well! So you get transportation from MCO to your hotel, your night's stay, whether in Orlando or PC, transport next day to ship and then return to MCO.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I plan to ask about getting a renovated room a couple of days before arrival if I find nothing else. I think any hotel in that price range on the beach is going to have issues. We stayed in an oceanfront room in Daytona once when going to a NASCAR race. It was the absolute worst room I have ever stayed in and we survived so I guess we can survive this :)

Edited by Clipper123