Problems with Status showing on Set Sail pass

Tried again today on 3 different computers on different servers.. Nothing...

And I think at the port it all depends on the luck of the draw on who you get for an agent directing people if they will even look, or if they will take your explanation into account, or as some have said - if its not on there, you aren't getting into the priority line..

[quote name='Coralc']I didn't have the problem with the SS pass in May, but I did on the previous cruise in December.

I use IE, and it would show up for me in Chrome. But others said Chrome didn't work for them.

[B]One thing I did that worked, was to open the setsail pass, and if the level didn't show up, I just closed it and then opened it again.

It is stupid that it doesn't print as it is supposed too.[/B][/QUOTE]

After reading this thread, I looked at the Set Sail Pass I had printed and it did not show the C&A level. I brought it up again to print it again, and it still did not show the C&A level. I did what Coralc suggested above about closing and opening it again and it did then show the C&A level. I printed it again.

Even in the IT world, this is kind of spooky.

If there is a big line, being able to go to the priority line matters, but if the line is not backed up, it doesn't make much difference.

When boarding the Oasis, we found that they had taken the Diamond level out of priority boarding and the sign said for Diamond members to check-in at the alpha counter for their name.

There was almost no line when we checked in, so it was as fast as it would have been in the priority line. Sometimes the priority line can be more backed up if it is early, depending on the C&A breakdown of the passengers.

We are B2B and I don't usually print the second week SS Pass but tried it this time to see what happens. No status on it either. I've decided that the next time one of my SS Passes shows my status I'm going to print several copies and take one with me whenever the current one doesn't. That way if I run into a literal minded security guard that insists that the SS has to show it and other forms of "proof" don't count, I can argue that I do indeed have a SS that shows it. Probably will not work either but what the hey!
Edit: BTW, I also tried it in several languages just to see what would happen. No status. Edited by CptSticky

How much longer will they let their IT department be so awful? It's 2015 and they want to market this cruise line to young first time families? These are the people that will cancel at the first IT trouble! Maybe all RCI's outsourcing will wind up costing them in the long run.

I have the same problem. Some times the status shows up, other times, like the set sail I printed just a couple of days ago, it does not show up. I'll wait a few days and try again. If it doesn't show up I guess it doesn't matter. I found our D+ cards and have them with me.

Happy Cruising every body!

How much longer will they let their IT department be so awful? It's 2015 and they want to market this cruise line to young first time families? These are the people that will cancel at the first IT trouble! Maybe all RCI's outsourcing will wind up costing them in the long run.

You could be right, but it does not apply to this thread. The people whining here are long time cruisers because their paperwork does not have their status plastered all over it, something easily fixed by a pen/sharpie

First time cruisers have no status

You could be right, but it does not apply to this thread. The people whining here are long time cruisers because their paperwork does not have their status plastered all over it, something easily fixed by a pen/sharpie

First time cruisers have no status

Not quite sure that they would take a "handwritten" D/DP/PC or Suite on the paper as a valid status :p

And as far as starting the thread it was never intended to be "whining"... it was to ask if others were having the same problem and what they have done to still get priority embarkation which is a perk for many levels. However, as the problem has been with cruise critic for years now, instead of people seeing a post or a replay they don't agree with and just moving on or making a constructive reply, they have to go negative. This is about cruising which is obviously intended to be fun, and people post on here about valid questions and concerns and are simply requesting an answer - but people can't just be positive or give a straight answer, they have to get negative..about cruising... don't get it :(

For all those that posted about also having the problems, or what may have worked for you - and did work for some people after they retried what you said, thank you for helping!

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Not quite sure that they would take a "handwritten" D/DP/PC or Suite on the paper as a valid status :p

And as far as starting the thread it was never intended to be "whining"... it was to ask if others were having the same problem and what they have done to still get priority embarkation which is a perk for many levels. However, as the problem has been with cruise critic for years now, instead of people seeing a post or a replay they don't agree with and just moving on or making a constructive reply, they have to go negative. This is about cruising which is obviously intended to be fun, and people post on here about valid questions and concerns and are simply requesting an answer - but people can't just be positive or give a straight answer, they have to get negative..about cruising... don't get it :(

For all those that posted about also having the problems, or what may have worked for you - and did work for some people after they retried what you said, thank you for helping!

Actually, thank you for bringing this up in the first place. I was aware that status often didn't show up on my SS's but didn't think it could ever be a problem. I think my first post might even have tended this way. Now that I've had a chance to think all this through I realize that it does matter to me and if others don't agree, then I invite them to graciously move on and not feel the need to inject a snide comment on how "entitled" we are who feel that we have paid for a certain experience and want what we paid for.

Edit: Oh, one last thought. If writing on the paper will work then I think I'll write POTUS on mine and that way the Secret Service will clear everyone out and allow me to board unhindered.

Edited by CptSticky