Navigator of the Seas -- Tell All

blastboy88

A friend recommended this site as a good place to learn about our upcoming cruise (Oct. 8th) on the Navigator of the Seas (East. Caribb.: Miami > San Juan > St. Thomas > St. Maarten > Nassau). This will be the very first cruise for my wife and I. We would appreciate any tips or suggestions that anyone can share.

Thanks in advance,

Brent

A friend recommended this site as a good place to learn about our upcoming cruise (Oct. 8th) on the Navigator of the Seas (East. Caribb.: Miami > San Juan > St. Thomas > St. Maarten > Nassau). This will be the very first cruise for my wife and I. We would appreciate any tips or suggestions that anyone can share.

Well, DH and went on the NOS this past July, but on the western route and had a blast! This ship is absolutely beautiful. Even thought there are so many people on the ship, you do not see them all. It was amazing to us that there were that many... we didn't know where they all went to!

If you plan on doing some shopping, go to the shopping seminars about the ports. This lets you know what/where to buy certain things at different ports. Since you only have a few hours at port, it is nice to know where to go for something that you are particularily looking for so that you can have fun on the beach, too.

See the shows, especially the ice show. They are really nice and it is amazing what these people can do.

Get your picture taken. At the end of the week, go through all of your pictures and then pick the ones that you like the best. DH and I bought one 5X7 of each port so that we could have at least one picture with both of us in it at each port for the photo album.

Get off the ship. Enjoy yourselves and relax!

Also, check the different threads on this site. The port section has some great ideas on what to do at your ports and what to expect. Do your research and enjoy planning for your vacation!

The Navigator is a beautiful ship and you'll have a wonderful time.

I do disagree with the previous post about going to the port talks also called the shopping talks. The ports talks are basically a long commercial for specific shops. You get a little bit of info about each island and then alot of pushing to shop at specific shops. Take all with a huge grain of salt. The shops that are recommended PAY to be recommended by the ships. This is paid advertising, although on the ship the port director does not present it that way. My suggestion is that if you really want to get an idea of what the port talks are about, just watch a bit on the room TV rather than wasting your time going to the port talk. and again....take everything the port director says about good deals and which shops to go to with a grain of salt.

Definately go to the ice show.

We were on the NOS twice last year so we could finally make it to Labadee. You should really enjoy the NOS...too much to do, not enough time! Yes, be sure to see the ice show. See a parade on the Promenade. If you like wine, try a wine flight or two at Vintages. Enjoy the dancing and the drinks at Boleros. Have a beer, enjoy the music, and watch the crowds on the Promenade at Two Poets. Watch others or climb the wall--you can sit on a balcony outside the sports bar and watch all the sports activities: wall climbing, basketball, inline skating, miniature golf. Or go back inside and look out over the pool. Lots of things to do; many places to watch from; no excuse for not having fun!

Archived