NCL Pearl 9/6 to 9/13 Bridge Cam Time Lapse

triptolemus

Thanks...

Yeah, it'll work just fine...aside from the image errors on NCL's server. I've actually got it running simultaneously against three ships, Jewel, Pearl, and Sun. The whole thing's been running non-stop since Sept 3. If anyone wanted a particular trip from a particular ship, I could do it pretty easily...

Here's one of the Sun... It's not start to finish and it's not captioned, and I didn't look up her itinerary...but has some pretty cool images...

Are you continuing to record images from the Sun? DH and I are sailing Oct 2-13 for our honeymoon and would love the images from that run if you are recording them anyways and are up to compiling them for us![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

A week or two ago, I set up a script on my server to grab one image every minute from the NCL server. I know we've seen time lapse bridge cam before, but I'm doing this for my own voyage coming up next week, and I thought I'd share the results of the test.

The test was 95% successful. There were some image errors in Skagway. Nothing I can do about them -- the video is only as good as the images the server has at the time my script grabs it.

Obviously the YouTube video is below, along with a direct link. But anyone who was on this particular voyage and would like a copy to download, I've placed it on my sever (293 MB). Feel free to download a copy... link below.

Amazing how fast time flies on a cruise... 7 days in 8 minutes...enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]y6qAvyLhHo0[/YOUTUBE]

YouTube direct link:

Link to video on server: http://mrose.org/cc/video/pearl/

Thank you for sharing, very nice. On my last cruise, I took my go pro and attached it high up on the balcony door with the suction attachment.

Worked great..

Are you continuing to record images from the Sun? DH and I are sailing Oct 2-13 for our honeymoon and would love the images from that run if you are recording them anyways and are up to compiling them for us![emoji4]

Sure... I've set the script to grab them and made a note of the dates. You may have to remind me to pull it though... feel free to send me an e-mail to remind me though; please feel free to do so... my username here @gmail.com

Sure... I've set the script to grab them and made a note of the dates. You may have to remind me to pull it though... feel free to send me an e-mail to remind me though; please feel free to do so... my username here @gmail.com

Thank you! :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome, tripto.

I experimented with a polaroid action cam on our cruise, mounting it on a large spring clamp I bought from Home Depot. I was able to clip it to the partition of our balcony and captured sailaway and Glacier Bay video, the trip up and down Mt. Roberts on the tram, and also mounted it on a bracket of the White Pass Rail train balcony and recorded most of that trip. Not great quality, but fun all the same. Maybe I'll get around to posting some of it some day.

Ahh--found a picture of my rig here on the balcony, and here on the White Pass Rail.

Yup... I use the same thing. A Pedco UltraClamp

I didn't shoot video on the train last time, next time, I'll see if they'll let me attach it.

Here it is attached to the ship at Sawyer Glacier. This setup shot my

video...

camera-clamp1.jpg

Yup... I use the same thing. A Pedco UltraClamp

I didn't shoot video on the train last time, next time, I'll see if they'll let me attach it.

Well, they didn't say I couldn't! ;)

One of those "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" moments...

Here it is attached to the ship at Sawyer Glacier. This setup shot my
video...

camera-clamp1.jpg

You're a genius.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...