Room for 5 on the dream

marley

Hi we are trying to book two connecting family ocean view staterooms with verandas and would like at least one with the Pullman and the Murphy bed. How can I tell which one sleeps five?

Thank you!

The only way is to try booking all 5 people into that room. If the system lets you do so, then there is a murphy bed as well as the bunk bed.

The designation "family" is a clue that the room probably sleeps 5. However confirm by trying to book 5 people into the room as above.

I don't think "Family" means anything. We had a Deluxe Family Oceanview with verandah (4A) on our last Fantasy cruise' date=' and it only had the queen bed, sofa, and bunk bed. There was a large space where a murphy bed would be, but this room only had a chair there.

[img']15s7h1j.jpg[/img]

We also had a 4A on the cruise before it that did have the Murphy bed:

mjldop.jpg

The problem came in that on the Magic and Wonder, "Family" did mean that the room slept 5. With the launch of the Dream and Fantasy, there were cabins designated "family" with the same category number, some slept 5 while others slept only 4.

Bottom line--the computer will not allow you to book a cabin for more people than it has beds for. The easiest way to confirm capacity is to do a "fake" booking for the number you need to know about, whether that is the number you plan to book or not.

Example--we did a cruise with 3 adults, but we wanted 3 separate beds (one person in the big bed which can no longer be split). Thus, we needed a cabin that could sleep 4. SO we searched for appropriate cabins for 4, then booked that for 3 with a request that DCL NOT change the assignment.

I don't think "Family" means anything. We had a Deluxe Family Oceanview with verandah (4A) on our last Fantasy cruise, and it only had the queen bed, sofa, and bunk bed. There was a large space where a murphy bed would be, but this room only had a chair there.

15s7h1j.jpg[/img]

We also had a 4A on the cruise before it that did have the Murphy bed:

mjldop.jpg

Hi Shmoo there! Would the murphy bed be comfortable for an adult?

And, can you get the balcony with the bed down?

Thanks! Five changes everything.

Hi Shmoo there! Would the murphy bed be comfortable for an adult?

Thanks! Five changes everything.

The Murphy bed, sofa bed, and bunk bed are all regular twin sized beds. Whether that's comfortable for your adult or not.....? Our sons (both adult sized) have slept on the sofa bed and had no complaints.

There isn't much, well any, room between the murphy bed and the verandah door. And very little space at the foot of the murphy bed to get around it to the door.

qxs374.jpg

Would the murphy bed be comfortable for an adult?

My family's last cruise on the Dream in August was in a family veranda room. The murphy bed is a decent bed, better than the sofa bed. You can get to the balcony with the murphy bed down, but it is a tight squeeze.

The Murphy bed, sofa bed, and bunk bed are all regular twin sized beds. Whether that's comfortable for your adult or not.....? Our sons (both adult sized) have slept on the sofa bed and had no complaints.

There isn't much, well any, room between the murphy bed and the verandah door. And very little space at the foot of the murphy bed to get around it to the door.

qxs374.jpg

Thanks! that picture is perfect. The sofa 'bed' on RCL was impossible to sleep on (even for my kid!). I like DCL style better where the couch folds over not really out. We still have time to figure it out (need dates released for jan 2017).