Carnival Dream June 7th, 2015 cruise...Blog review of my first cruise.

NolaTiem

Hi everyone :) Hope this finds you all doing well and not having too long of a wait before your next cruise!;)

I had my first cruise ever aboard the Carnival Dream in June of this year. What can I say but it was AMAZING. I wrote a blog about it, if you'd like to read about it...check it out! :)

Once Upon a Carnival Dream

I already booked my next cruise...and am planning a third (or maybe it'll end up being the forth since it's such a ways away!;)) for my daughter's high school graduation.

The Carnival Dream was a beautiful ship...and I know I don't have anything to compare it to but nonetheless...it was a magical, wonderful trip and I wouldn't change a thing. My hubby and I went to celebrate our wedding, which happened a couple years earlier. I was pregnant at the time so we opted to wait for the honeymoon. There was no way I was going to visit a tropical paradise and not have a fruity alcoholic beverage.

Please give it a read, and let me know what you think. I'm curious on what you all think of it and what you all thought of the Dream if you've been on it yet.

Thanks Norris. I just read you're last review in your signature. Very nice! I'm going to check out the others as well.

Do you go on cruises yearly to escape Chicago winters?

I grew up across the lake from you, in Grand Rapids, so I can relate to needing that mid-winter escape.

HI all!

NolaTiem ~ just read your blog & it sounds like you had an amazing time fulfilling your dreams.:D The Dream was my 1st Carnival ship & I thought it was lovely. Another cruise ended in New Orleans which is such an interesting place that I'd like to sail from it.

Which ship are you sailing next?

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks Norris. I just read you're last review in your signature. Very nice! I'm going to check out the others as well.

Do you go on cruises yearly to escape Chicago winters?

I grew up across the lake from you, in Grand Rapids, so I can relate to needing that mid-winter escape.

Hi- re my reviews, the Med one on the Ocean Princess....if photos are missing and it says "not available" just click on the X to see them, then toggle back to the review for the next one-i.e 2 windows open. CC can't fix it, alas.

Yes we escape the Chicago winters for those wonderful Caribbean islands.

We visit Grand Rapids to see the great Meijer Gardens and we have a house by the beach in S.E. Michigan near the border with Indiana.

My next cruise is less than 2 weeks away-Rome to Barcelona and I'll do a big long review in Mid October.

I'm glad you took the plunge and enjoyed Cruise # 1....it's very addicting!

Norris

Great review! We'll be on the Dream for spring break. It'll be nice escaping the Northern Michigan weather that time of year. We're thinking of taking our teenagers to Dr's Cave for a beach day in Jamaica, how did you like it?

Another Michigander! ;) Escaping the winter is very nice, especially Michigan winters. I've lived in Louisiana for years now, so I'm used to the mild "winters"...I'm sure even if it's cold to me and the other people who live in the area, there will be plenty of people out on the deck in t-shirts and shorts.

Doctor's Cave Beach was nice...it was a bit crowded but not overwhelmingly so. They have some peddler's there, but the tourist police (the officers dressed in all white) do a good job of shooing them away. There is a store about 100 feet from the entrance where you can get a cold Red Stripe beer for $2....the water was refreshing in June. I wouldn't mind spending a day there again.