Spinning Napkins and Crumbs Flying Everywhere!

Richjoxyz

Don't get me wrong, we used to enjoy the fun, but lately the same old songs/dances are really quite boring. 20 years ago, they used to dance with Flaming Baked Alaska on their heads, and I don't recall the same dance songs on each cruise, until around 2010 or so. ( true the flaming part was dangerous, hence it was stopped....even though it was fun and exciting.)

This my opinion, and yes sometimes we do enjoy the "show" if the MDR staff really step it a notch or two. :D

The waiters dancing with fire cakes on their heads was impressive.

I was told that it set off the sprinklers on some ship and they all stopped the fire cake dance. That may, however, be a legend.

I'm saying fire cake because I saw something called flaming Baba au Rhum, or something close to that.

Back a few years we really enjoyed the entertainment on Glory.

That crew was really into dancing and they were great.

We've never seen Napkin waving, but have seen "the show" ("Time for the show! It's time for the show!") every night in the dining room.

Which song do people wave napkins to?

Celebrity staff appreciation

This is a video from Hal where they did a napkin ballet

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Maybe it's just me, but all I can think about when everyone is spinning their napkins in the MDR is crumbs flying EVERYWHERE! Rather than spin my napkin, I duck and cover! INCOMING! MUST PROTECT CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!

This is why they got rid of the tablecloths. Guests were taking it a bit too far.

Not crazy about the thought of food, crumbs, nose icky's or anything else flying out of the napkins - but seriously always enjoyed it and never thought about the possible spreading of stuff (crumbs, etc) until I read it on this CC a couple of months back when someone was concerned about the napkin spinning spreading virus germs.

Still, we do YTD now so have not seen the dancing or napkin waving for awhile now.