How does dining room work

koss78b2

I know this is a silly question, but will sail on Glory and Victory for October i like to ask how the dining room work?

i put in Your Time dining, i think, as a solo as well.

So how does that work? do i just show up anytime in evening if i want to eat dinner or lunch? do they put u at a some corner table or something? thanks

If you have YTD for dinner it works like a restaurant on land.

They will ask your cabin number, how many in your party and then seat you. You can tell them if you'd like to sit alone or with others . If you meet folks you like at cruise activities and they also have YTD you can arrange to meet them at dinner and sit with them as well.

For lunch, everyone can choose to eat at the Lido restaurants or in the MDR so again you can sit with others or alone.

They want to accommodate you!

Just ask for the best situation for you.

Do you want to eat solo, tell them.

Do you want a nice view out a window, you probably will be sat at a large table, where you can meet and talk.

Dinners may take longer at a large table as the servers try to bring food in order of salad, appetizers, soup, main course ( or two!!) the de=zert and coffee.

If you want to get out to see a show, probably best to eat solo.

Also, just let your server know if you do want to go fairly early, they can do their best.

But then respectfully do not order 1 from column A 1 from column B etc.

OH AND ANOTHER THING!!!

It helps to NOT wait in line to get first for dinner, showing up in shorts, tank tops on Cruise Elegant Night.

ZEESH, we saw numerous individuals walking by us in line saying " Gotta go get dressed, no shorts allowed"

And the guy wearing shorts and tank top stayed in line in front of us , also to get turned away at the door. And acting surprised!!

GOOD JOB CARNIVAL for attempting to maintain a modicum of the OLD STYLE cruise experience.

The dining room you should go to should be printed on your sail and sign card when you check in. Glory and Victory each have 2 dinning rooms and each room has 2 levels. Your Time Dinning is usually at one dinning room and on a specific deck. Commonly the lower level of the mid-ship dinning room, but not always.

Edited by Miller_KC