Port got switched to Montego Bay - river tubing?

douggw

Port got switched to Montego Bay. From what I've researched, this is the least favorite of all three ports....Thanks Carnival!

Anyhow, we were going to do the Blue Hole..now it's too far.. Maybe river tubing? We don't want just lazy floating...BORING! Anything a little more exciting near Montego Bay?

Thanks to any advice from those that have been there!

Personally I would do a beach day at either Seawinds Beach Club if you have kids or Secrets St. James if you are just with adults. Both are a stones throw from the Montego Bay Port. The water quality and beach are really nice there. Both resorts would offer kayaks, paddle boards, Hobie cats, and snorkeling. If other stops on your cruise are in Mexico then MoBay would be your best bet for no seaweed. Also Doctors cave beach is close and we'll liked.

Port got switched to Montego Bay. From what I've researched, this is the least favorite of all three ports....Thanks Carnival!

Anyhow, we were going to do the Blue Hole..now it's too far.. Maybe river tubing? We don't want just lazy floating...BORING! Anything a little more exciting near Montego Bay?

Thanks to any advice from those that have been there!

You are in luck, actually. Rio Bueno, the river that they have white water rafting is closest to Montego Bay. There are a number of different swift water activities including rafting, tubing, kayaking and there's another company that does some sort of body boarding down the river. Let me see if I can find it. Looks like a LOT of fun!

Mayfield Falls is also within a fairly easy distance to MoBay (although windy ride into the mountains, which is half the fun), and it's a really fun tour hiking up the river!!

YES! found it. It's called Riverboarding on the Rio Bueno. Do a search and there are a number of tours and youtube videos. Looks like a blast!!

Upon further research, it's closer to Falmouth, but still easily doable from MoBay!

Edited by mrsfuzzmo