Three Girls Trip Of A Lifetime on the Adventure of the Seas 9-5-15

So today all we had planned was to go do a little shopping in Philipsburg and then go to Maho and watch the planes. We woke up around 8 and decided to go to Giovanni's for breakfast. For those who may be staying in a suite on this ship soon, breakfast in Giovanni's is one of the perks available. They serve you a pastry before breakfast, and have coffee and various juices available. Breakfast this morning was MUCH better than room service lol.

We got off the ship at about 10, and it was already pretty hot. I was loving this weather as it had been getting chilly at home already, and couldn't wait to get to Maho beach later and get into the water (or so I thought). We took the water taxi over to Philipsburg for $7 per person, which is good for the entire day. A little bit of info here, the taxi makes two stops. The first one is for the beach close to the pier, and the second stop is the one closest to shopping.

We barely made it off the taxi before being hounded by people selling tours or taxi rides. We could barely walk five feet without somebody hounding us, not very fun at all, and I was getting very annoyed. So, just a fair warning to anybody who hasn't been here before. We found a couple souvenirs in the first shop we went into and then made our way to the famous Front Street.

I couldn't believe how many little shops there were! Holy cow! It was like it was endless! However, we did not like the aggressive people pushing there products on the street or the aggressive salespeople in the stores. We could barely even look at something without somebody hovering over our shoulder. It was very uncomfortable an made for a very unpleasant shopping experience.

We all have charm bracelets similar to the "Pandora" type bracelets, and we wanted to find matching charms for something fun for the trip. What a nightmare just trying to look at them without a salesperson hovering over us. It was so bad I almost said forget it, and just bought one of the overpriced ones on the ship. We did find one that we all liked though, so I decided just to buy them and get out as quickly as possible.

After I made the purchase we made our way to the street behind front street and came across one of the mini buses going to Maho. Score! We didn't even have to wait :-). They ride over was pretty neat and go to see some pretty views of the island. They do make stops in between for people that want them, all they had to do was ask the driver to stop. Just something for people to think about when considering this mode of transportation. I'm going to say the ride took about 20 to 30 minutes total and was $6 for all three of us.

The driver dropped us off at a round about, which was closest to the driftwood bar. Of course I had to get a picture of the iconic "Welcome to St. Maarten sign", and then headed to the beach. I was ready to hit the water, except for one thing. The beach was GONE! No sand, just huge boulders! NOOOOO! I was so disappointed. I was looking forward to renting us an umbrella, a couple of loungers and sipping from from drinks while watching planes and playing in the water occasionally. Kinda hard to do with no beach though! Crap. Now I had to rethink what we were going to do the rest of the day.

After some deliberation we decided just to head over to the Sunset bar and see if we could find a place to sit and have a few drinks and watch the planes for awhile. Of course, upon heading towards he bar getting mobbed by taxi drivers wanting to know if we needed a ride back to the ship. Um no, just got here. We luckily were able to find a table in the shade and still have a good view of the planes coming in.

We were waited on within a few minutes and we all ordered a few drinks. I was frustrated about my plans not working out quite the way I was hoping, and annoyed from being hounded either to buy something or take a taxi somewhere so I was more than ready for a drink. I ordered a mudslide and let me tell you, that hit the spot.

We were starting to relax, and were having fun watching all the planes coming in. Later I ordered a mango Mai tai, and again, it did not disappoint and was very tasty. I went to their gift shop and bought a couple souvenirs for my BF, and Mom and Sis found a few things as well.

We decided to get something to eat, especially since we were definitely feeling the effects of the yummy drinks we had lol. I'm a big fan of blue cheese, so I was thrilled to see they had a blue cheese burger on the menu. Sis ordered a regular cheese burger and mom had deep fried cheese sticks. Food was very good, and right as we finished eating I realized it was about time for the Air France to be coming in. I was keeping my eyes in the sky and as I seen it approaching I ran up to the railing to try to get pictures. I got a good picture of it as it was approaching, but I couldn't get my stupid camera to refocus in time to get a picture of it going over the fence. Darn it! Oh well, at least we got to see it.

It was about 230 when we decided to head back to the ship. We wanted to stay longer, but I had heard horror stories about the traffic in St. Maarten, so I didn't want to risk us getting back late. However, I didn't take into account that we were the only ship in port that day, so traffic was very light compared to what I've heard of it being. If I remember correctly, it ended up being $26 for the three of us, but I'm not 100% sure.

We looked around the port shops for awhile and then got back on the ship. Since we weren't able to get into the water at the beach, we decided to head to the pool for a little while. I was hoping that since we were still in port, I was hoping to find the pool fairly quite. Nope. It was packed! We wandered between and main pool area and the solarium and was able to find three chairs together by the main pool. There was too many people in the pool for me, but Mom and Sis decided to get in for a little while while I relaxed on a lounger for awhile.

After awhile we decided to head to the cabin to shower and get ready to head to the concierge lounge for our nightly drinks and visit. I decided to look at the little invite card for our meet and mingle that was left in our cabin on embarkation day, and make sure what time it was for sure. Well on our roll call somebody mentioned it was suppose to be on this day. When I searched on the confirmation list on RCI's website, it said it was today. When I looked at our invite card, WRONG! It had been the day before when we were in St. Croix! Oh no! I was so disappointed! :(:eek:I was so looking forward to this because this was my first sailing where I had been on a roll call that had a CC function like this and we missed it! I was really kicking myself for not reading the invite closer when I first seen it. We had bought gifts for the gift exchange and everything.

Very upset with myself, we headed to the lounge for drinks so I could settle myself down and proceed to get over it and continue enjoying the rest of our evening. We visited with Cindy and Andre until about 730, and then headed to dinner. We were again seated with the same wait staff, which we were delighted about.

I had a caprese salad to start, garlic tiger shrimp for the main course, and tiramisu for dessert. All were divine, and I left dinner feeling very pleasantly stuffed. That events entertainment was Etta May the comedian at 9 pm.We were cracking up the entire time! She is hysterical! If you get a chance to see her on your sailing, don't miss her! Afterward we decided we were tired and spent the rest of our evening in the cabin. This finally concluded day three. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Escaping the gray PNW to the Adventure in January. Really enjoying your review!

Was the breakfast in Giovanni's cooked to order?

Last time we were on the Adventure there was an area set aside near the main pool deck risers for suite seating. Did you notice if it was still available? Thanks much.

Ok, I promise to finish day 2 this go round lol. So we get back to our cabin, and as I get ready to get into the shower I see that I am BURNT! Despite my diligent use of sunscreen Ivstill got burnt! Grr. My Sis and I got to talking and she heard that some brands are better than others,so on my nest cruise I'm going to experiment.

We headed down to the concierge lounge at about five for drinks and snacks , and we met the funniest couple, Cindy and Andre. We really enjoyed visiting with them, and we looked forward to visiting with them every night from then on out. We ended up visiting with them until about 730 or so, and then headed to dinner.

We got seated at the same table again tonight, which surprised me because I didn't think that was normal for my time dining. We were delighted to have the same waitstaff again, and thouroughly enjoyed our dinner with them. I was having trouble deciding on a dessert tonight, so while waiting mine, I kept stealing bites off of my sisters lol. When Royal came by and asked us how our everything was, we told him it was great, but my sister commented that I kept,stealing bites off of her cheesecake. He then asked if I wanted one as well. Kinda hard to turn that down, so I made a pig out of myself this evening lol.

We went to the solarium after dinner because I wanted to try out the huge hot tubs in there. Very, very nice, there was three other people in there but it is big enough you hardly notice. They also have showers in there to rinse off when you're done in the hot tubs or the pool.

I was nice and relaxed, and definitely ready for bed. When we got to our cabin, we got our fist towel animal, a sea lion. Mom and sis thought it was the coolest thing findings these little creations on their bed every other night lol. We got to bed at around midnight or after. I just love how well I sleep when I'm on a cruise :D. That's all for tonight folks, have a good evening!

Sunscreen needs to be applied 30 mins. PRIOR to going in the sun...Remember for next time!!!!!!

Escaping the gray PNW to the Adventure in January. Really enjoying your review!

Was the breakfast in Giovanni's cooked to order?

Last time we were on the Adventure there was an area set aside near the main pool deck risers for suite seating. Did you notice if it was still available? Thanks much.

Yes, Giovanni's was cooked to order. There were reserved seating for suites, but just so you are aware, none in the shade

Today was another beach day for us. My plan was to get to Valley Church Beach early to try and get a good spot on the beach. So we got up at 7 and decided to eat breakfast in the MDR this morning. One of the suite perks in having seating in the Mozart dining room for breakfast in the morning. The food was MUCH better here than room service lol.

We were off the ship at about 830, and easily found the cab staff at the end of the pier. All the cab drivers are dressed in orange shirts and are easy to find. Somebody will come up to you and ask where you want to go, then they will find your driver and try to find other people going to the same place. They found two other people to go with us, so our fare was only $24 instead of $32 for the three of us.

They do drive on the left side of the road here, but honestly, I think that they just drive on whichever side suits their purpose at the moment lol. What a ride! Squeezing between cars, up and down steep hill, jut be prepared! Lol. Th drive took about 20 minutes or so, not too bad.

Upon arrival there were people there to rent our chairs and umbrellas from. We rented two umbrellas and three chairs, but for us much as I was in the water, we could've gotten away with just two chairs and one umbrella. The total cost ended up being $35. We got settled, and I finally go to check out my surroundings. This place is BEAUTIFUL! I had found my paradise as far as beaches go. The sand wasn't really fine before entering the water, but got more so the farther out into the water you went. The water is a gorgeous turquoise, and as you're looking out across the water from the beach, you see the various shades of blue and turquoise. Words can't describe how beautiful it was here. I went in the water right away just because that's what I do, and then went out and went out to find some floats for us. I rented three for $10 a piece. It seemed a little steep to me, but I really didn't have much choice.

Finally I was able to relax and enjoy the beach. I put one of the floats in the water, climbed on, and was in heaven. I was so content just relaxing out on the water, enjoying my surroundings. I really loved this beach. After a bit I went and sat with Mom and Sis and bought an ankle bracelet and a necklace from one of the vendors walking along the beach., and also decided a fruity drink from the bar was in order.

Once I got to the bar I recognized someone from our roll call that I met on embarkation day. I'm so glad we decided to meet beforehand because it was so fun seeing these people throughout the trip. I ordered one of the specials which was a melon ball. This was SOO yummy, but I don't remember the price, just that it was good lol.

After relaxing and playing in the water, I wanted and another drink and Mom and Sis were ready for a snack. They had somebody taking drink orders on the beach, but we went up to the restaurant to order food. We decided just to split a pizza between the three of us, it was TINY. Less than the size of a dinner plate tiny, so just be aware that if you go there, this is what to expect as far as pizza goes.

We played in the water for a little while longer, and just enjoyed our relaxing day. We had arrangements with our cab driver to pick us up at 2, and he was there waiting for us. Once we got back to port, we did a little shopping. Mom decided that day that she HATED her one piece swimsuit, and decided to look for a tankini. This way, she could still be modest, but not have to completely strip down to go to the bathroom the way she did with her one piece. Be warned, the shops here are EXPENSIVE, I think she ended up paying upwards of $50 for her swimsuit.

We got back on the ship at about 3 to give us time to relax and shower before the ice show that night. We also had received an invitation to dine with the officers of the ship that night, so we would be attending that as well. We went to our usual drinks in the concierge lounge and visited with Cindy and Andre for awhile. The ice show was at 7, but we decided to head to the doors at 630 to try to ensure we would get seats. By that time however, there was already quite a crowd down there! It probably wouldn't hurt to get there even earlier than that.

Once they opened the doors for the venue, we were able to find seats right in front. They Do have reserved seating for suites,but we just wanted to find a seat and be done with it rather than try to find the reserved section. Once the show started, we were very happy with our seating choice. This show is amazing! Words can't describe how awesome this show is. It was one of the highlights of the cruise for us. I can't imagine the time and skill it takes for the performers to be able to execute the maneuvers they did.

Afterwards we headed up to the Windjammer for our dinner. They had closed off a section of the buffet for our dinner. I have to admit that for a dinner with the officers I was assuming we would be served by waitstaff, but they had it set up in a buffet. I was a little disappointed because as I mentioned before, I'm not much of a buffet person. They did have a great selection though, it seems like it was mostly seafood, but they also had a filet minion offered that was superb! Very tender and great flavor. They also offered wine, champagne water and something else but I honestly don't remember what.

They had all the tables covered in white table cloths, and we're all set up very nicely. As wee starts eating, one of the officers joined us. He was a pleasure to visit with and we learned a lot of I interesting things from him. We learned he managed the food and beverages, and had been with RCI for over 20 years, and had started out as a dishwasher. He told us about the schooling he had to go through to get to the position he was in, and also about the various ships he had been on, including Oasis. It was very fun visiting with him and learning all that we did.

After dinner on our way out, we had an opportunity to visit with the captain, who we learned was originally from Puerto Rico. Very fun and personable, and was probably the friendliest captain I've met so far.

We also met a man to basically lived on the ship for the time being! We was from Spain, and was retired. He was very interesting to talk to, and told us that he had been on I believe it was 146 cruises at that point! He took quite a liking to me sister, and for the rest of the trip we kept telling her "Oh look! It's your boyfriend!" Lol.

We retired to our cabin at about 1030 that night. This day really was a great day. We got to see a beautiful beach, and meet a lot of interesting people. This is it for today, hopefully I can do my next segment sooner than I have been. Stupid work and other obligations keeping me away lol. Have a good day everybody!

Newtocruise1483...great report so far! We are going on the AOS 11/14..do you remember what TIME the muster drill was? We are trying to determine what time to have a SailAway party, and we keep hearing around 5:30-45 PM for the Muster..others said 4:45...any input would be great ...looking forward to the rest of your review!

Big Al

Newtocruise1483...great report so far! We are going on the AOS 11/14..do you remember what TIME the muster drill was? We are trying to determine what time to have a SailAway party, and we keep hearing around 5:30-45 PM for the Muster..others said 4:45...any input would be great ...looking forward to the rest of your review!

Big Al

Thanks for joining me! Our muster drill was at 545.

Great review so far! Do they have a 70s party? We are on her on the 31st of this month. If you got the drink package, do they give you a cup?

They did have a 70's party. We didn't go, but after seeing it on the TV in our room, we wish we would have :o It looked like so much fun. We didn't get a drink package, but we did see a lot of people with special cups, so I'm assuming they do give you a cup with the package.

We are booked on this cruise July 2016! Can't wait. We are planning on visiting many beaches and skipping the excursions. thought that I could invest in snorkel gear. Is there good snorkeling at the beaches that you have mentioned? or can anyone recommend places to snorkel on any of the islands included n this itinerary?

We are booked on this cruise July 2016! Can't wait. We are planning on visiting many beaches and skipping the excursions. thought that I could invest in snorkel gear. Is there good snorkeling at the beaches that you have mentioned? or can anyone recommend places to snorkel on any of the islands included n this itinerary?

It seems like there was quite a few people snorkeling at St. Lucia. Also in Barabados you would need the snorkel gear if you decide to go swim with the sea turtles. We did this, and it was our very first time snorkeling, what an amazing experience! The turtles are so awesome! However, like I said, that was our only experience ever snorkeling, I really can't give you much of a recommendation that way. Sorry :(.

Today was the only day I had booked an actual tour. I was researching the different beaches on St. Lucia, but I also knew I wanted to see the Pitons, so My mind coming back to Jalousie Beach. I had read that the roads on St. Lucia leave a lot to be desired, and my mom can get car sick, so then I decided on The Jalousie Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose. I had read so much good about him, and decided this was our best option.

We were up at 7 to make sure we could eat and have plenty of time to get off the ship on time. We decided we wanted to eat in the Vivaldi dining room this morning, just to try out a different venue. I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier, but each dining room had a different color theme. Mozart was light blue, Strauss was teal and Vivaldi was purple. We went up to be seated, and found out that as they were leading us to our table that they did shared seating for breakfast. I was surprised we because I knew they did for dinner, but didn't know about breakfast.

We were seated with a couple, and a family that were visiting in Spanish when we sat down. I will admit it was a little awkward at first being seated with people we didn't know. After we all ordered however, the family speaking Spanish opened up to us, I'm assuming the father of them all. He said they didn't want to be rude speaking Spanish and not include us in the conversation. What a wonderful, nice group of people! They were from Puerto Rico, and cruised once or twice a year. They were so fun and interesting to talk to. It really made me understand why some people enjoy traditional dining where you get to meet new people and get to know them. Service seemed a little slow this morning, but was still very good.

We were off the ship right at 9, as I was stopping by the station to check out our towels I realized I had forgot my sunglasses! Crap crap crap! I couldn't believe I had done that. I know it sounds like a silly thing to get wound up about, but it's very hard on my eyes to be in the bright sun without them not to mention I feel naked lol. I didn't have time to run all the way back to our cabin to get them, so my mind was racing as to what to do. First we found Spencer's group, very easy as they had a person with a sign right by the gate. Then we were directed over to Spencer to pay the remainder of what I owed him.

Afterward, it appeared that we had a little bit of time before we were suppose to depart for our tour, so I decided to see if there were any shops open that sold sunglasses. Score! I found some, $15 bucks and totally not my style, but still better than nothing. I was so relieved.

We headed to the boats right at 930. Our crew members for the day were Terry and Raymond. They were very fun and informative. The water was a little wavy, but I have to say, it made it even more fun for me! Just so people are aware, this is a speed boat, so there is a chance you will get wet going through the waves! If you a very prone to motion sickness it might be a good idea to take something before going on the tour. Also, if you have any sort of back problems or injuries, you might want to rethink his tour, it can get pretty rough.

I was instantly in love with how beautiful St. Lucia is! It's so lush and green, with all the cliffs and rock faces. It was absolutely gorgeous. The ride took about 45 minutes or so to get there. It was so neat watching the Pitons come into view as we got closer to our destination. As we were getting ready to dock, the pointed out the free chairs to us, and told us the prices for the resort loungers. They had 5 or 6 underneath the trees that were $20 a piece and the one farther down the beach under the palapa so were $50 a piece.

The free section is TINY, and as some reviews have mentioned, the loungers weren't in the best shape. This section is also a in front of a small, rocky portion of the beach. We decided to rent two of the $20 dollar ones that were in front of the main beach. They have attendants there that you can purchase the chairs from. I have to say these weren't in the best shape either, but they were padded and in a more convenient location for playing in the water.

I love the view from this beach being nestle between the Pitons, and the lush foliage all around us. I decided I wanted to get into the water, but I have to admit I didn't get in too far, the water was a bit cooler than the other beaches we visited! I decided to wait a little later in the day, when the sun would peak through the rain clouds. I also think that with it between the Pitons, the water just doesn't get as warm as other beaches, and it doesn't seem to have the same shade of turquoise that you will usually see in the Caribbean.

We relaxed for awhile, and then decided to get something to drink. They had water, Piton beer, Coke products and rum punch. The rum punch was VERY yummy. It was starting to warm up so I decided to try to out the water again. It was still pretty cool, but not as bad. I will also mention that the sand can be very mushy going in, just so people are aware that might have mobility issues. Mom had been looking for sea shells, and my sister found a really pretty one. Upon closer inspection however, we discovered there was still something living in it! It was a small conch, I had never seen one before, so it was very cool for me. We sat and watched it for awhile as it would come almost completely out of its shell to turn itself over if it was upside down. I can honestly say I don't really see what is appetizing about these little creatures that people love to eat. They really are ugly little things lol.

Speaking of appetizing, it was time for lunch. They served jerk chicken with several other locally prepared dishes for us. I don't remember what all was served, just that it was very good and filling. Spencer lists what he serves on his website if you want to check it out. They had people going around making sure that we had everything we needed. Spencer also came around and was visiting with everybody making sure we were all enjoying ourselves.

We relaxed and plays in the water some more, and visited with a few people from our roll call that were also there. I found another conch to play with and seen a few small fish swimming around. I forgot to mention earlier they had an area sectioned off for people who wanted to snorkel over by the free section of the beach.

At about 3 they had us all get back onboard to start heading back to the ship. On the way back, they stopped and talked about various spots and landmarks on the island. They first one was a large crack in one of the rock faces by the Pitons, where they told us 75% of the islands bat population lives. There are supposedly thousands of bats that live in there. As we get closer you can hear them chattering and squeaking, and the entire inside is just teeming with them! It really was fun to see them. At this point they also explained why St. Lucia is called Helen of the West Indies, it is considered the only female island in the Caribbean. It is because the various formations around the island, including the Pitons, resemble female parts. Don't worry, I won't go into detail lol.

They showed us different land places on the island where Pirates of the Caribbean had been filmed, and different resorts where different celebrities and stayed and lived. There were some kids playing around where we were at, and one of them climbed to the top of one of the taller rock formations and dived into the water for us! Terry through them a couple bottles of Coke for their performance lol.

They also took us into Marigot Bay, what a beautiful place! They talked about he history of it, and of other celebrities that owned property there. They showed us the smallest fishing village on the island, and a few other hotels and resorts on the island. We got back to the port at about 415 or 430. I was so sad this tour was over, it was so much fun. They gave us all hugs as we got off the boat, and we tipped them very well for the great time they showed us.

We shopped around the port a little bit to find some souvenirs, and then got back onboard the ship to shower before dinner. We went to the lounge as per our usual routine, and met a couple there who had friends robbed at gun point while in port! They were on a small Johnny boat type water taxi, when all of a sudden, the driver bumped the boat against the concrete wall. At this point another man jumped onboard, they were all visiting and next thing they know, the man as pointing a gun at them! One lady lost all the money they had with them and everything in her purse. They went to the local authorities, and they basically told them "too bad, you should have been more careful." Really?! You would think they would better protect people there, especially as important as tourism is to the economy of the island.

After getting back onboard, they reported it to the officers there. I guess this is where the got the most help. Apparently they were able to take pictures throughout the ordeal on their phone. The officers immediately and aggressively took action, and apparently forced the local authorities to take action, and told them this sort of violence against their passengers would not be tolerated. They were able to find the culprit, and she got EVERYTHING back! Every penny! I have to give RCI a big kudos here for taking such good care of these people. It was there first cruise too, so I felt so bad they had such a terrifying ordeal. They were in good spirits by this time though, and were celebrating getting all of there things back.

We headed to dinner at about 7, and when we were lead into the dining room, we were headed in the opposite direction of "our table". I know it is normal to have different tables for my time dining, it just felt strange to is not having our usual wait staff. Don't get me wrong, our waiters tonight were great and the food wonderful as usual, it just wasn't the same! The head waiter came by and checked on us, and we asked if it was possible to have our same people for the rest of the cruise. He asked if there was anything wrong, and we told him not at all, we just missed "our people" lol. He was very, very accommodating, and made the arrangements for us to have our table at 6 every night. I know, it defeats the purpose of my time dining, but we didn't mind lol.

Not long after, our waiter for the evening stopped by and was very concerned asking if something was wrong. We told him no not at all! We just liked our normal people and missed them lol. He then laughed and said he understood, he said his guests were the same way lol. He asked who our normal waiter was, and visited with us for a bit. We felt bad for making him think something was wrong, and kept assuring him he was doing a great job.

Later on as we were eating, Royal our normal waiter stopped by to say hi to us! We were surprised to see him and it made us laugh lol. We finished our meal and went to the 9 pm showing of Marcus Terrel and the Serenades. He was apparently on he show "America's Got Talent". I'm not sure though, I don't pay much attention to those type of shows. He sang Motown and oldies. Mom loved it as it was music for her era, and I agreed that he put on a good show. We retired to our cabin for the evening, and was in bed at around 11.

That's all for this segment. Thank you to everybody joining me. I hope I've provided at least a little bit of information here

So today was Barbados. I was really looking forward to today because I had it planned out for us to snorkel with sea turtles in Carlisle Bay. We were up at 7 that morning, and we ordered breakfast the previous evening to be delivered to our suite. I did enjoy having this option because it was so nice to have a leisurely morning in our cabin, I have to say though, I enjoyed the food in the MDR much better.

We got off the ship at about 820. I didn't realize it at the time, but they had shuttles running between the ship and the shopping and taxi area. I wish I had known this ahead of time, because it was quite a walk from where the ship was docked to where all the amenities are.

We found the cab dispatch stand and told them where we wanted to go. They pointed to the waiting cabs, and we were almost instantly swarmed by cab drivers. We were lead to a van type taxi, and we waited. They showed another couple to our van, and then we waited some more. I was starting to get irritated. The other couple must have felt the same way, because they got out of the cab, and went in search of another one. I was very frustrated at this point because I didn't know what to do, and was very tired of waiting. They finally found more people, filled the cab, and we were off. We must've waited a good 20 minutes or so. I later found out that if you walk farther down, you can find a cab that will take you right away. So please, just be warned that you may have to wait if you get herded into one of the vans. If you can help it, don't make the same mistake I did and just keep going till you can find somebody who will take you right away.

It was a fairly short ride to the boat yard, and was only $5 or $6 a person. We decided to go around to the public entrance, because I wasn't sure if we wanted to be at the Boatyard. I wanted to find Neville because of all the good things I read about him on CC and trip advisor. There was a man waiting at the public entrance, and said he would take us to Neville. Great! Or so I thought. He started walking down the beach, and kept going, and going and going. I was starting to wonder where he was takin us. It was starting to get hard for Mom to walk, as she can only walk so far.

He finally stopped in front of some loungers and umbrellas in front of a place called "Finally Michaels". It was $20 for the two loungers and umbrellas and he went to go get us some water. I will say I felt really uncomfortable here. I can't really put my finger on it, but it just didn't feel right. He came back with our waters $3 a piece, and said Neville would be there in about 20 minutes. He kept asking if we wanted foot massages, or anything else. It became very annoying, he finally left us alone though. I found it hard to relax because I felt uncomfortable and really didn't want to be there.

I have to say the entire stretch of beach is very pretty, and we loved the soft, fine sand here. I was trying to figure out how we were going to get to a different spot on the beach. Mom suggested taking a cab back to the Boatyard, but I was NOT going to take a cab for about 150 yards. 20 minutes had come and gone, and still no Neville. It was honestly starting to feel like a scam, because the attendant kept saying " he will be here in a few minutes ". I decided that if we didn't see him soon we would just say heck with it and go back to the ship.

Then finally a man came up to us and introduced himself to us as Neville! We were so relieved. It took him about 15 minutes to get his boat and everything ready. I had an idea and decided to ask him if he would drop us off close to the Boatyard after our turtle swim, that way we could go to a different bar front and not have to take a cab for a ridiculously short distance.

It was a little rainy and windy that day, so the water was a little rough but not bad. He backs his boat up right to the beach for you to board. Because of the waves, it was bobbing a bit so Mom struggled some getting up the ladder, but he was great in helping her. Before we knew it, we were in the boat and on our way out. It's a small glass bottom boat, with a cover on it. Neville is very nice and informative, and talked to us a lot a about Barbados. He does have snorkel masks and life jackets for use, so you don't have to bring your own if you don't want to.

There were a few other tour boats out with the turtles when he got out there. Neville showed us how to use our masks and fit them to our faces, and how use the life vests. In the water sis and I went, but Mom stayed on the boat because it would've been too much for her physically. The turtle were already very close because of the other boats there. I have never snorkeled before now, so this was a completely new experience for me. I was struggling a bit, but he was right there to help us, and showed me how I wasn't using my mouth piece correctly. After that It was much easier for me, and I was able to really enjoy the turtles.

They are so beautiful, and much more graceful than I expected. After a few minutes, the other tours left, and it was just the three of us with the turtles. There were two green turtles around us consistently and a hawksbill turtle came around for a short time as well. I was enjoying every minute of this, since I am inexperienced and not use to being in the water for so long, I was starting to get tired so I headed back to the boat. Since Mom didn't get into the water, Neville lured the turtles close to the boat so she could enjoy them as well. I thought this was a very nice gesture, and it really made it special how wonderful he was to all of us.

After we were finished with the turtles, he took us over a few ship wrecks out in the bay. He asked if we wanted to snorkel more, but we were wimpy and tired from the turtle swim lol. So he just took his boat over the top of them and pointed out the different coral growing on the sunken ships, and all the different fish living there. We were out with him for about an hour before heading back. He also offered us rum punch while we were out. He had it made more like a slushy, and it was very YUMMY and refreshing.

He agreed to drop us off by lobster alive, which was perfect. I tipped him quite a bit for a great tour, and for dropping us off at a different spot. I can't recommend him enough. A bit of advice for anybody wanting to go out with him, you will probably be better off having the cab dropping you off by harbor lights, because that is closer to where he keeps his boat anchored.

We decided to go back to the Boatyard, where we started and pay the $15 per person admission. This includes your lounger, umbrella, a free welcome drink and transportation back to the ship. We found our spot, and then I went and got my drink. I ordered a shark bite, I can't remember exactly what was in it, but it was GOOD! I was enjoying playing in the water, and really loved how soft the sand was. I was constantly burying my feet in the sand, and wiggling them around. I love how it felt on my feet.

After we were there for awhile, I heard them announce free shots! Um, yes please! I wasn't sure how they were going to do this. Were they just going to hand them out or what? Nope, you just walk up to the bar, open your mouth, and they pour a very delicious type of alcohol into your mouth. Yes, this works too lol.

My sister decided she didn't want her free drink, so she let me have it. After that shark bite, combined with all the rest of the booze I had that day, I wasn't feeling any pain what so ever lol. I sat back on my lounger and enjoyed an nice nap. After my nap we decided to order food. I don't remember what Mom and Sis had, but I had coconut chicken strips. These were to die for! So crispy and tender with the coconut, my taste buds thought they died and went to heaven lol.

We stayed here until about 3, and decided to head back to the port so as we could have time to do some shopping for our souvenirs and such. We were smart this time and took the free shuttle back to the ship, and we're back onboard at around 4. Tonight was the dinner night I was looking forward to, lobster night! We showered and went to the lounge for drinks and to visit for awhile before dinner.

We headed to the dining room at 6 and were seated. I knew I wanted lobster, but they also had a snow crab salad offered tonight as well. I decided to go with two entrees for that evening. I had a roasted peach soup, which is served cold. I really enjoyed this dish, and gave me a new appreciation for cold soup. When our entrees arrived they cut the meat out of the tail for me and poured melted garlic butter on it.My mouth was watering at this point. I bit into it, and was in heaven. It was very tender and the flavor was fantastic! I had the ivory chocolate mouse for dessert and was bursting at the seams at this point.

We were exhausted at this point, and decided to retire to our cabin and relax the rest of the evening. I think this was the earliest we were to bed all week! That's all I have for today. I hope you all have got a little bit of information and an enjoyable read. Have a good evening!

Hi. Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your review. Although I am on a different ship and location it was still enjoyable to read about your adventure. Guess I now need to add another destination to my bucket list :)

So today was a sea day, and the last day of our cruise. I was expecting to sleep in this morning as tired as I was the night before, but I was awake at 645 this morning. It was actually nice not having anything to do today but relax. I sat out on the balcony to read, and enjoy the sound of the ship moving through the water and the sea air.

Mom and Sis we up around 730 or 8 and we headed to the MDR for breakfast at around 9. We enjoyed a nice leisurely breakfast and then set out to explore different areas around the ship that we didn't get a chance to see throughout the week. I loved all the outdoor areas around the ship, and all the decks available that you can walk out on. I especially loved deck four being able to walk all the way aft, and the also go out onto the bow.

We went down to the promenade to shop around a little bit, as it has become my custom on cruises to find a pretty, yet inexpensive piece of jewelry to commemorate the trip. I can't remember what shop we were in, but I found a pair of sea turtle earrings that I fell in love with. I wasn't completely sure if I wanted them, so I decided to think about it for a bit. In the mean time, I found Sis and Mom admiring a few things. Sis a really pretty ring, and mom a pair of Swarovski crystal earrings. We purchased a few other last minute souvenirs and then Mom needed to sit and rest. We parked ourselves at one of the outside tables at Cafe Promenade, and I went in to grab us some snacks. There was a line, and by the time I got back, my sister had disappeared. Oh, well. Mom and I enjoyed a couple pieces of pizza, and cheese cake cake pops.

Sis decided she wanted to smoke, so while her and mom went out on deck, I decided to go down to deck three to find our embarkation photo, and purchased a couple of copies. Afterward I went to where I left them in deck, but I couldn't find them. Hmm, after some searching I decided to go up o our cabin and that's where I found them. Mom wasn't feeling good, just lighted headed and an upset stomach so we decided to relax in the room for awhile.

As I was going through and getting some more of my stuff together and in my suitcase, Mom and Sis presented me with the sea turtle earrings that I was trying to decided on! I couldn't believe it! The sneaker little stinker that I call my sister had snuck off and bought them for me when I was getting us our food at cafe promenade lol. I told them they were bad for doing this, but they wouldn't listen to me lol. I decided I would have to get even he he he.

A little later Mom decided to try and nap, so Sis and I wandered around, and made our way back to the promenade. I decided to buy Mom the earrings she had been admiring, and also buy my sister the ring she was looking at. I was trying to be sneaky, but my sister caught me at the check out stand while I had her ring! Darn it I was caught! Oh well, it was too late and I had already purchased them lol. We went by the windjammer to find some crackers for Mom to help settle her stomach, and then headed back to the cabin. Mom loved her earrings, and the crackers helped settle her stomach a little.

We relaxed and watched a movie we borrowed from the concierge lounge for the rest of the afternoon. Mom still wasn't feeling well enough to go to dinner, so it was just Sis and I tonight. Marcos and Royal inquired about Mom, and asked if they could have something prepared for he to take to the room with us. I thought this was such a nice and thoughtful gesture, but we declined because she was mainly wanting just mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese and other bland foods because of her upset stomach. I also forgot to mention we ending up sailing into a storm this evening. You could feel the motion of the ship the most tonight, I was loving it, but Sis wasn't as excited lol. After we finished dinner we got out pictures taken with Marcos and Royal and received nice hugs from both of them. I was disappointed that Mom could be here, because she really enjoyed them as well.

We headed back to the cabin and finished getting all of our stuff together and in our suitcases. We were in bed around 10 or so. I was sleeping pretty good when next thing I know, I hear my sister moving around. The she asks me when we were suppose to put their suitcases out. Shoot! We forgot to do this! It was a little before midnight so we still had some time. She was putting them out in the hallway and forgot to prop the door open, and the door shut behind her and she was locked out f the room in just her little short night gown! With people out in the hallway! She was ringing the door bell for me to let her back in, and I was cracking up! I had an evil thought to not open it for a minute but I felt sorry for her lol. He had to have one more hilarious episode to end the cruise with lol. Well that's all I have for tonight, in my next segment I will be going over disembarkation and my final thoughts and NCL vs RCI comparison. Have a good evening everybody :-)

So today was the end of our awesome vacation :(. I woke up at 540 for some reason and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to sit out on the balcony one last time until Mom and Sis woke up at around 630. I ended up getting the continental breakfast offered in the concierge lounge while they were getting ready. Just so everybody else is aware, disembarkation day is the only day this is offered. Also, the coffee offered in here is very good. It comes out of a machine that grinds up the beans for each cup you get .

By the time I got back to the room, Mom and Sis were ready for breakfast, so we headed to the Windjammer. It was PACKED in there! I think we ended up getting the only empty table in there! We were debating on when we wanted to get off the the ship. The concierge does two group escorts, one at 730 and one at 930. I'll mention a or difference from NCL here. On NCL, you can just go down to the concierge between certain times and get off whenever you want, there isn't really any group walk offs. We wanted to get to the airport in plenty of time because I didn't know how hectic it would be to get through, especially with the agricultural check.

We found out that we didn't have to go with the concierge or a certain color group to get off, so we just headed down on deck four and were off. There were no lines to wait in and was very easy. It only took a couple of minutes to find our bags, and then I was looking at the long lines to get through customs. Crap! Then I remembered our concierge's directions to find the gold card line, and it was very quick! Maybe only a ten minute wait.

Then we made our way outside to find a cab. This is where I found a source of annoyance and I want to arm others about. Of course, there are people outside to help direct you to a cab. Well then, next thing you know, somebody will be there to "help you with your bags". Whether you ask for it or not. After they take your bags the twenty feet to the cab, they will then DEMAND a tip! :mad:This man just grabbed our bags without even asking us, and then wanted a tip for doing so! I gave him a couple of bucks just to avoid any problems and let it go. Just beware when you exit the terminal, and if you don't want to tip somebody for something you didn't even ask for, keep a good hold of your bags and tell them " No thank you!"

It took about 25 minutes or so to get to the airport, and I'm going to say the fare was about $26 or something like that. When we got to the airport it was fairly quiet still, and there was o line for the agriculture check. Our flight wasn't until 1255 so we had quite a wait, but we figured it was better that stressing and rushing to make our flight. Up next will be my final thoughts and comparisons.

So funny, really enjoying your review.

I hate the last night and seeing all the luggage in the hallways.

Although it would make it a little better if I spied a lovely lady in a skimpy nighty :D

Thanks for joining me and I'm glad you're enjoying it :). My poor sister was mortified lol:D