Marseille Port

kevg1889

Does anyone know which part of the Port at Marseille that MSC dock in? I'm trying to plan my routse from the station to the port, and I have been advised to get off the number 35 bus at the Littoral Gourret stop, which is then a short walk to the port, but the port looks quite massive so I'm hoping that this is the right stop. Do MSC inform you of the exact location? Sorry if this is a silly question but I've never been on a port before (other than from a bottle!!)

Have a look at this web page on Marseille port.http://www.marvellous-provence.com/travel/water/marseille-cruise-ship-port

When we docked there, the free port shuttle picked us up near the ship and deposited us at the port entrance, marked Gate4 which is near the no 35 bus stop. It's also a pleasant walk from the port gate to the Vieux Port.

Does anyone know which part of the Port at Marseille that MSC dock in? I'm trying to plan my routse from the station to the port, and I have been advised to get off the number 35 bus at the Littoral Gourret stop, which is then a short walk to the port, but the port looks quite massive so I'm hoping that this is the right stop. Do MSC inform you of the exact location? Sorry if this is a silly question but I've never been on a port before (other than from a bottle!!)

You can take a look Marseille's Port website, using advanced search and then clicking over the name's ship.

http://www.marseille-port.fr/fr/Page/Consultation%20des%20escales/13286

You can use bus number 35. Get off at litoral Gourret in front of gate 4 -Marseille port , .but from bus stop you have to walk around 1,7 km to get the ship. ¡¡not so short walk with luggage!!

If your ship docks on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday , you can use a free shuttle .

The free shuttle bus stops in Marseille city center, inside the port , at the end of this street: Boulevard des Dames. (Please, use google maps to get directions)This bus goes to Marseille Gourret, where the cruises (and MSC also) docks and you only need to walk about 10 minutes.

Information from Marseille Port Authority ;

Cruise Free Shuttle times and days of operation :

- From April 1st to October 31st : on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday first departure at 9:00 am / last departure at 5:30 pm

¡¡ Ask the bus driver , because last august, the last ride was at 5:00 pm. !!!

Departures every 30 minutes.

Here , where the shuttle bus stops 11906736_10206499164712275_3677010478477299581_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Edited by ganigani