B2B NYC to SOU and return...

old fool

Hello,Not a fan then Mr Pepper.Rodger.
Hi Rodger,

When visitors were routinely allowed to wander amongst the stones, see them "up close", yes (as I did when younger).

But now most visitors are kept such a long way from the stones, you would see more by watching a TV or DVD documentary all about the place.

Given the entrance fee involved, and the remoteness of what you've come to see once you get there, and the subsequent lack of "connection"; they are near the bottom of my list of places I'd suggest to visitors to the UK to see (and I doubt I'll ever go back).

There are far, far better places to visit than Stonehenge (as has been suggested; Salisbury, Winchester etc).

Edited by pepperrn

er,

When visitors were routinely allowed to wander amongst the stones, see them "up close", yes (as I did when younger).

But now most visitors are kept such a long way from the stones, you would see more by watching a TV or DVD documentary all about the place.

I went to them at a time when you could just wonder round them as well. The trouble was I suppose is that people were damaging them so something had to be done. But that something means you are now miles from them, so as you say, you might as well not bother.

And it's £14.50 a pop.