Ft. Lauderdale Spa Day

bosswench

DH and I are spending a couple days in Ft. Lauderdale after our cruise in October, treating it as another port stop. We will have a rental car and plan to spend one day sightseeing on the intercoastal, one day visiting the Everglades and one beach and spa day.

Does anyone have a Ft. Lauderdale area spa day or resort day pass they can recommend? We hope to find massages, pedicures, a lovely swimming pool and a nice spot on the beach to spend one last relaxing day before returning to the real world.

Jojo

DH and I are spending a couple days in Ft. Lauderdale after our cruise in October, treating it as another port stop. We will have a rental car and plan to spend one day sightseeing on the intercoastal, one day visiting the Everglades and one beach and spa day.

Does anyone have a Ft. Lauderdale area spa day or resort day pass they can recommend? We hope to find massages, pedicures, a lovely swimming pool and a nice spot on the beach to spend one last relaxing day before returning to the real world.

Jojo

Firstly, ditch the car to sightsee in Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale is a city to see by water. Spend the day on the Water Taxi instead. Tons of great restaurants on the water taxi. Also you can get off at the Galleria Mall or Las Olas to shop if you want. Runs from about 8am to midnight.

The W Hotel has the best pool and a Bliss Spa. I love hanging out at the W Hotel pool. Makes you feel like you are a celeb!

Firstly, ditch the car to sightsee in Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale is a city to see by water. Spend the day on the Water Taxi instead. Tons of great restaurants on the water taxi. Also you can get off at the Galleria Mall or Las Olas to shop if you want. Runs from about 8am to midnight.

The W Hotel has the best pool and a Bliss Spa. I love hanging out at the W Hotel pool. Makes you feel like you are a celeb!

Great tip. Thanks - and happily one of the water taxi stops is really close to our hotel.

Water Taxi is our primary sightseeing agenda right off the ship. Discount tickets are already purchased.

DH's local siblings and cousin have announced they would like to join in for the spa day, but they have very tight budgets. I found a nice package for a spa day at the Marriott Palm Beach that we are considering.

Another option within their budgets is a half day fishing trip out of Ft. Lauderdale followed by a nice lunch or cocktail hour on the water.

Jojo :confused:

Keep checking Living Social and Groupon for spa days at Atlantic Hotel. You get a massage or facial and mini-mani or mini-pedi, along with a pool/spa day pass and valet parking. I did this a few months ago for $99. They charge gratuity on the full retail amount. If you find one of these deals, though, make sure you call the spa for a reservation before buying the voucher, as they book up quickly.

Edited by royalcruz