Freestyle burger and dunkin dog

chefestelle

I am happy your experience was better than mine.

As far as it being the same as restaurants at home - not for me. I live in a metropolitan area where most restaurants have at least a few choices for vegetarians and there are vegetarian restaurants that understand a swish or two of hot water does not stop cross contamination and therefore do not prepare meat in the same space.

I stand by my opinion.

It's fine to stand by your opinion, but your assumption that the pre-ordered meals are frozen is incorrect. That is not an opinion, as you admitted you did not try any of the pre-ordered meals. That was an assumption on your part, and it was incorrect.

And I agree, and admitted, that in some areas the vegetarian offerings on Holland America could be improved. My experience is that the vegetarian offerings on Holland America are similar to most restaurants in large metropolitan areas in the US. I'm glad your experiences in restaurants are have been better.

I stand by my opinions, and my facts, as well.

It's fine to stand by your opinion, but your assumption that the pre-ordered meals are frozen is incorrect. That is not an opinion, as you admitted you did not try any of the pre-ordered meals. That was an assumption on your part, and it was incorrect.

You or your husband tasted the pre ordered food, I did not. However, I did not assume. I was told that the meals were frozen by a HAL rep on the phone prior to my trip. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe I misunderstood. Who knows. Considering the reaction I would get whenever I asked for a tuna sandwich hold the tuna, veggie sausage in the Lido restaurant, whether the soup was made with chicken broth, etc. my money says cooking for a vegetarian customer is not something they do often and a frozen meal is not out of the realm of possibility.

And I agree, and admitted, that in some areas the vegetarian offerings on Holland America could be improved. My experience is that the vegetarian offerings on Holland America are similar to most restaurants in large metropolitan areas in the US. I'm glad your experiences in restaurants are have been better.

I stand by my opinions, and my facts, as well.

I stand by my opinion and my facts also.

Honestly, vegetarian choices were scarce or bad. The portabello mushroom sandwich was a small slimy mushroom dwarfed by a huge bun and a heap of their "special sauce". -- I agree, choices at the Dive-In are limited for vegetarians. He tried the portabello mushroom burger, but found it overwhelmingly mushroom. But the taco bar had plenty of choices and he loved the customizable nacho options.

DW is vegetarian and was reluctant to have a veggie burger, as she believed that they were cooked on the same grill as the regular burgers. I asked the Lido chef and he confirmed this was the case, they just don't have the space to do otherwise.

I find that even as a non-vegetarian that I get a little bored with the dining room options after a couple of weeks. I start to crave comfort foods, like meat loaf or mac and cheese.

It seems that you can have too much of a good thing!

John

DW is vegetarian and was reluctant to have a veggie burger, as she believed that they were cooked on the same grill as the regular burgers. I asked the Lido chef and he confirmed this was the case, they just don't have the space to do otherwise.

I find that even as a non-vegetarian that I get a little bored with the dining room options after a couple of weeks. I start to crave comfort foods, like meat loaf or mac and cheese.

It seems that you can have too much of a good thing!

John

That's exactly why I tend to keep my cruises in 10-15 day range. Any longer than that and I start to miss things you can't get on the ship -- not only food, but things like my bed, other pieces of my wardrobe, local news, etc.