Price Reduced for Aug 2016 Med Cruise - still paying taxes and fees on original rate

Boscodog

I saw that the price of my Reflection Cruise in Aug 2016 went down by about $200 per person. We had booked with the 123Go promotion and this new booking has 2 perks instead of 3. I felt it was a good choice to forgo one of the perks ($300 on board credit) and save $400. However I was told that I had to pay the taxes, port charges, fees etc on the original price which makes the overall cruise $49 more. I was also told that I would be given either a refund of the $49 or onboard credit at sail time. Does anyone have any insight into this situation?

Am very confused. You rebooked at $200pp less and gave up a perk of $300OBC. Thus your invoice should be approximately $400 plus a tiny bit in taxes less than before. Correct? How long since you did this?

The port charges and fee would not change as searoses said as they are per person. Is Celebrity showing the Gratuity perk and the Beverage package perk on your invoice? I suspect not as it often takes a week or more for these to show up.

Suggest checking your invoice if reservation made with Celebrity or calling your TA in a week or so to make sure everything OK. You obviously have a while before your cruise date since there was no rebooking fee.

Am very confused. You rebooked at $200pp less and gave up a perk of $300OBC. Thus your invoice should be approximately $400 plus a tiny bit in taxes less than before. Correct? How long since you did this?

The port charges and fee would not change as searoses said as they are per person. Is Celebrity showing the Gratuity perk and the Beverage package perk on your invoice? I suspect not as it often takes a week or more for these to show up.

Suggest checking your invoice if reservation made with Celebrity or calling your TA in a week or so to make sure everything OK. You obviously have a while before your cruise date since there was no rebooking fee.

I was given wrong info from my travel agent - I was told that the on board credit of $300 could not be used to pay the $269 in gratuities. I have since changed my reservation and now have the the drinks package and $300 OBC. I now know that I can use the $300 OBC to pay my gratuities by calling Celebrity directly. I recently sailed on Norwegian and you cannot use the OBC to pay gratuities, so when the TA told me that I did not question. I now know I have to check everything twice or 3 times before I believe it to be true.

Edited by Boscodog