Leave TOMORROW - iConcierge App - Help me understand

InTheWASide

Can someone help me understand how this app works? I get that I won't see much until I connect to the ship (Jewel if it makes a difference) but are there costs associated with the other things on here like checking my bill, seeing programs, etc? Or just for calls and texts? I've tried to look into it more and I'm confused.

Thanks for the help

Edited by InTheWASide

My wife and I, and friends, used this app once we got on board. It is very handy to have, you can check your account, make reservations, or make calls to someone else on board. But be aware.....my wife had difficulty trying to contact our friends while on board ( this may or may not happen to you). It was $7.95 per phone last Aug.....don't know if it has gone up.

Hope this helps! :)

Will this fee be charged to on board account or through your cell phone carrier?

You cell phone carrier doesn't even know the app exists. When communicating through the app, you are texting/calling via the application itself, and not using your actual phone or messaging apps.

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm not that good with technology. Does iConcierge work with android phones or only Apple products. DD and I have iPhones and DH has Samsung.

Yes there are versions for both. If you look in your appropriate app store you will see it. If it doesn't work, it wouldn't be there. You need to download and install the app before you sail. You can do it right now if you want.

It might be important for new users of iConcierge to know that only the person who's name is on the credit card that is given as security for on board expenses for the cabin get access to the on board account through the app.

For our last cruise, I downloaded the iConcierge app mainly to get easy access to our on board account instead of standing in line at guest services and ask for a print-out every two-three days. I am the one in our household who book the cruises, who keep track on OBC, who keeps track on various expenses - my DH just "tags along" and he is pretty happy with doing just that. I did NOT get any access to the on board account through the app (well, I did actually get access, but it only showed $0,00 as balance for the entire cruise), and the explanation from guest services was that it was because the credit card we used was not in my name... So next time we cruise on a ship that has the iConcierge I just have to make certain we use one credit card in my name when we check in at the pier...

Edited by TrumpyNor