Who is preferred for cruise bookings?

lizf

DH and I are thinking quite strongly of taking the Amazon Explorer, 23 Apr 06 cruise and have looked up the fare on the HAL website. Since we haven't cruised HAL since 1995, we really don't know which on-line agents, or HAL itself is best to book with for the best fare, service, etc.

Please if a few would post their preference it would really help up over the hump on this booking. Thanks in advance. :)

Liz..My Husband & I along with our friends, are booked on that cruise next April..We booked directly with HAL this past April & then started to look at both online & Brick & Mortar agents to handle the booking..We originally tried to book for this fall, but the ship was sold out in Feb. when we finally made our decision..

Way down on this board is a thread that asks about the Best discount agents to use on HAL , you will see lots of postings about agents that were used.. ..Be sure to read about my experiences (three posts) with the agent we finally decided to have take over our booking...

It was a great deal of work for me only because we changed cabins, but well worth it as the agent was more than $1,000 less than HAL for an upgraded outside cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=232268

We are using is an on-line agent that advertises right here on Cruise Critic..It is the only on-line agent without a listed phone number..You have to handle everything via the computer..They were recommended by Heather & Randy on a previous thread..

I'll quote part of my last post to the thread, but suggest you look into what all the others have to say..

Quote It's the first time we've used an on-line agent only (No telephone Service Available), but so far we are very pleased with their service & prices..:)

We purchased our own insurance through "Insure my trip.com", so don't know how it compares with the agents insurance, but do know that HAL's insurance was much more...

Just Scroll down the list at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/index.cfm UNQUOTE

Good luck & Hope you join us on the cruise..Betty (short for Elizabeth;) )

Thank you all a ton. This is just what I hoped for. Serendipity, I will look at that thread and since we have cruised a lot, I have used a variety of internet bookers and been pleased, but now the online places cannot give a price lower than the cruise line posts until you call them. I don't like to cause them this work when I can only use one. I just want to get an idea if it is worth my time. If I only save a couple of hundred, I'll go with the cruise line, but we're talking an SY suite and it is very spendy, of course it is for 28 days, but yikes, can I do better? That is all I am trying to do.

So thanks to you all who posted something serious and I will get right on it.

Thank you Betty for posting again. I was just logging on the check that out since it seemed you had said Randy. I have gotten a wonderful quote and am trying to cancel the temporary hold we placed through HAL. I may wait until tomorrow to book to get that same cabin. It really is great. Thanks so much for caring to help me. If we do get to go, I sure hope we can meet on board. What a great group of folks you are over here. Not to take away from any of the other threads though. We've gotten good advice on all that we've asked. But this is really super. I sure hope we can get that rate tomorrow.

Archived