Cycling onboard the Westerdam

janemcguire

No- they do not have the attachments for using cycling cleats. They have the old fashioned toe clips that can be used with any shoe, but they do not accommodate SPD (2 or 3 hole) cycling shoes. If you are using a road bike style shoe (Look, Time or SPD-SL), leave them at home. The cleats will just get in the way. If you have a recessed mountain bike style shoe, you could use them, but you cannot attach to the pedals.

There are three separate types of stationary bikes. The recumbent and upright bikes have pedals and are not compatible with clip on bike shoes. The third type of bike are for spinning class, and you can wear your bike shoes while spinning. The spinning classes are usually one hour per day and cost about $12 for a one hour session.

Thanks for clarifying.

I appreciate your time.

Are you planning on bringing your own pedals? The spin bikes have pedals which come with toe clips which can accommodate any shoe as others have said.

The lifecycle type bikes have the big rubber pedals with a rubber belt that will accommodate any shoe.

If you bring a pedal wrench, you can remove the spin bike pedals and replace them with your own pedals and then use them with your own shoes/cleats. I have done this at land based gyms. I don't think the ship would care - but ask in advance of class and I would be surprised if they would object as long as you put the stock pedals back on when the class is complete.