What standards do people expect exactly???

Wasping73

There is a small but growing group of people who think the world revolves around them.

Unfortunately, I don't think that group is so small anymore. The "me" generation is everywhere nowadays. Sad.

The worst service on a cruise is 100 times better than the best service on land.

Remind me never to go to the places you visit on land. ;)

The problem with entitled people is they think politeness and kindness is sign of being a pushover and weakness instead sign of good manners and strength. So when they encounter staff/people that have to be polite and kind because its part of the job, those entitled people act like complete scumbags/jerks to them and anyone around earshot. Sad state of affairs, but true.

I purposely now, travel for vacation in the off-peak to avoid majority of entitled jerks because popular places/destinations attracts them the most - doesn't eliminate them all, but it does reduce the chances of running into so much of them.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I can understand what people who have cruised for many years are saying-not from cruising but my experience on the flight home.

We have only been cruising since 2012 and find it a delightful way to travel and it meets all of our expectations and more!

On the flight home, however, I upgraded to first class. That flight was in stark contrast to previous first class flights. First of all, they added an extra row of seats so legroom was cut down. Second, the men, while good, was pedestrian. There were no salt and pepper shakers on the tray. The tray has a simple paper cover instead of the cloth cover. Drinks were plentiful, but the flight attendants were often relaxing someplace else.

Finally, near the end of the flight, they passed out the hot towels, which were small scrawny little things that did not hold their heat very long....A sad reflection from the past....