Need to change cruises. I need help with itinerary!!

blessedwith12

I have a cruise booked on the Sunshine for April 2016. It is a 9 day Journey cruise to St. Kitts, St. Martin, St. Lucia and Barbados. We just found out our daughter is expecting her 1st baby while we will be gone. So, I'm looking for a different cruise. I had booked this one specifically for St. Kitts and St. Lucia, which I have been to, because I love the rocky and mountainous coastline. I can't find another itinerary with those 2 ports that will work for us. So, I am looking at 3 itineraries. Can you tell me what you think about them and how they compare in scenic beauty to St. Kitts and St. Lucia. Any input you can give will be appreciated. All of these cruises are on the Sunshine leaving from Port Canaveral so the itineraries are the only variable.

Cruise #1: St. Martin, St. Kitt, San Juan and Grand Turk

Cruise #2: Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turk

Cruise #3: Aruba, Curaco and Grand Turk

Since your primary interest seems to be scenic beauty, I would take cruise 1. You still get St Kitts and San Juan has a very nice rainforest, el yunque. The A B C islands, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao, to my knowledge don't have that much natural scenic beauty although I believe Aruba may have the best of the 3. St. Maarten is a nice port but quite often crowded and more of a shopping, beaches place.

I'm sure whatever you choose you will have fun.

The islands on the #2 and #3 itineraries are all flat, so they don't have very scenic topography. Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are all, not only flat, but also very arid, desert like.

Edited by Tapi

Thank you. This was just the type of information I was looking for. I'm not familiar at all with the A,B,C islands. I've been to St. Martin and it was my least favorite of the St. K, L and M. But, it was still very nice and pretty. You're right - we will have a great time wherever we go. I'm sailing with 4 of my daughters - ages 17-25 - and we know this might be the last chance this particular group of us may have to all sail together. They are so much fun It was sort of a once in a lifetime type of event and I just wanted to share my favorite islands with them. Yes, with cruise #1 we will still get to see St. Kitts and St. Martin. I've heard that Grand Turk is very pretty and I think it has a nice area right at the port. The rain forest might add variety to the cruise. And...since it's in January and our previous cruise was in April, we won't have to wait as long!!

Thanks for responding!!

Thank you. This was just the type of information I was looking for. I'm not familiar at all with the A,B,C islands. I've been to St. Martin and it was my least favorite of the St. K, L and M. But, it was still very nice and pretty. You're right - we will have a great time wherever we go. I'm sailing with 4 of my daughters - ages 17-25 - and we know this might be the last chance this particular group of us may have to all sail together. They are so much fun It was sort of a once in a lifetime type of event and I just wanted to share my favorite islands with them. Yes, with cruise #1 we will still get to see St. Kitts and St. Martin. I've heard that Grand Turk is very pretty and I think it has a nice area right at the port. The rain forest might add variety to the cruise. And...since it's in January and our previous cruise was in April, we won't have to wait as long!!

Thanks for responding!!

Grand Turk is beautiful! great beach right at port and margaritaville with beautiful pool.

You wont be disappointed

Susan

I understand your worries about January travel from Ohio. Here is my 2¢. We now live in SC and driving to PC in Feb.. We are booked on your #1 itinerary. I worry more about a possible ice storms here in the south. Not much you can do on ice. If traveling through WV on the turnpike I think they do a good job of snow removal if that makes you feel better! I know for a fact that KY is not very good at keeping the roads clear since it is a "southern state" less snow equipment budget I guess. LOL. I used to live in Cincinnati.

All of these cruises are on the Sunshine leaving from Port Canaveral so the itineraries are the only variable.

Cruise #1: St. Martin, St. Kitt, San Juan and Grand Turk

Cruise #2: Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turk

Cruise #3: Aruba, Curaco and Grand Turk

In general. I think any of these itineraries are a winner but we absolutely loved Curaçao so I would go with #3.

My second choice would be #1 as St Masrten is our overall favorite place

Edited by LuckyZ

All of those itineraries are nice. I love St. Kitts, and it was my favorite cruise-port stop UNTIL I saw Curacao.

The port of Curacao is so quaint, and we did research for a great beach and took a taxi to the other side of the island to a "park" called Playa Porto Mari. What a perfect day. There were enough facilities to make the day comfortable (including food, drink, very clean restrooms, lounge chairs, and umbrellas--all prerequisites of mine for a good beach day), but was not crowded and the beauty was unsurpassed. It had kind of an "unspoiled" feeling to it. You can google it if you're interested. They have their own website, amazingly enough, which I just found. I'd love to be there right now! As a matter of fact, I just took one of the photos from their website and made it my desktop wallpaper, if that tells you how much I loved that spot ;)

Now if I weren't a "beach person," I might feel differently. I'm sure you'll choose what's best for you and have a great time. Good luck!

Edited by CruzCrazy