Tell me about your lido deck balcony

cmjb4ever

I got one accidentally. We originally booked our cruise in the valor is a grand scenic ocean view. When the ship changed to the liberty, we got moved to a lido balcony. Very excited! So tell me how cool yours was!

See my cruises listed below? We booked Lido deck balconies in all except Paradise, Miracle, Pride, and Legend. (Those ships don't have Lido deck balconies or else we definitely would have.) Oh, Destiny too. I surprised my mom and got our first and only aft wrap for our first mother-daughter cruise. Hated it!

Being on Lido affords my husband and me quick access to coffee and breakfast to enjoy together on our balcony. We spend a lot our sea days sunning on Lido, so it's just a walk back to our balcony for forgotten items or to use our own bathroom. We sit outside at night and just listen to the ocean while counting stars. We nap on our balcony. We enjoy the peace and quiet when we've had too much fun on Lido. We've never heard noise on our balcony from the outside deck.

We get much needed exercise by using the stairs to go to and from the main dining room and other activities located on Promenade deck. :D

You got a great "accident." Enjoy your Lido Balcony cabin. And go buy a lottery ticket. ;)

Edited by stargate fan

I got one accidentally. We originally booked our cruise in the valor is a grand scenic ocean view. When the ship changed to the liberty, we got moved to a lido balcony. Very excited! So tell me how cool yours was!

It's the best deck to be on.

It truly IS the best deck to be on.

The proximity to everything is amazing.

Steps to food, drinks, pool, movies, etc.

The rooms are super quiet.

We like to take balcony breaks throughout the day, so it's just perfect for us.

Coffee in the AM, wine in the PM.

Our last 2 have been lido balconies on the Breeze and we have one coming up on the Magic.

Can't wait!

Enjoy! You are going to LOVE it!!!!:D:D

Are you guys talking about the balconies toward the front of the ship on deck 10? If so, I've done that and hated it because of the noise from camp carnival/Club O2 kids running up and down the stairs ALL night. It was during Thanksgiving week and there were more than 200 kids in the kids clubs.

I'm talking about ones right on lido deck, deck 9. (specifically room 9214 on Carnival Splendor)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Are you guys talking about the balconies toward the front of the ship on deck 10? If so, I've done that and hated it because of the noise from camp carnival/Club O2 kids running up and down the stairs ALL night. It was during Thanksgiving week and there were more than 200 kids in the kids clubs.

If I'm not mistaken, Deck 10 Lido balconies are only the Dream Class. And the only reason I know that is because that class is the ONLY class that will allow 3 in a Lido Balcony. Checked other ships and it's a NO GO.

Looking at your signature, it doesn't look like you've been on the Dream, Magic, or Breeze. Not sure which ship you are referring to.

That sounds like Panorama Deck. We've never sailed a ship with Camp Carnival on Lido Deck.

If I'm not mistaken, Deck 10 Lido balconies are only the Dream Class. And the only reason I know that is because that class is the ONLY class that will allow 3 in a Lido Balcony. Checked other ships and it's a NO GO.

Looking at your signature, it doesn't look like you've been on the Dream, Magic, or Breeze. Not sure which ship you are referring to.

You're right, I was thinking about a different ship class. I took a look at the deck plans and see now what you're talking about

That sounds like Panorama Deck. We've never sailed a ship with Camp Carnival on Lido Deck.

The camp was located several decks above, but the 200+ kids were running up and down those front stairs and making a lot of noise until 2am. When I look for cabins the first thing I do is find out where camp carnival is and stay far away from it.

Had one on Triumph a couple of years ago. We were were booked into a balcony on Deck 7 and got an upsell e-mail. $20 to switch to any other balcony on a higher deck, with the exception of the Spa deck. Jumped on it and didn't regret it.

We were right by the elevators and atrium and noise was never an issue, Being so close to the buffet meant no need to order room service coffee in the morning. Even sitting on the balcony during the day we never heard any noise from the pool area.

We had a lido balcony on the breeze in march. I love cove balconies but we took the kids on that cruise and wanted them to be closer to the action. We were 2 doors from the lido deck entrance. No noise from the hall way but out on the balcony we could hear chairs scraping and other noise from lido. Our view out the aft was also partially obstructed by the jut out of the lido. But couldn't ask for a more convenient location.