Hotel Question

blue-noser

Thanks!

Finally worked out the internet from the room and as a BT Broadband customer can log in with my own account!

Had dinner in the hotel (as you need a car to go anywhere we're all a captive audience). Food very tasty and menu is inventive. Seem to be an awful lot of people here will be interesting to see how the taxi situation plays out tomorrow.

M

There is a bus stop about 200m away, with a bus every 15 minutes to the town centre. Only problem is on return the drop off is on the other side of a very busy dual carriage way, I would take a taxi back!

For London I would try one of the hop on hop off bus tours, they will give you a good overall view. Otherwise a day pass for the tube or buses.

The Hilton is the only hotel that Cunard book in Southampton, so there is no option to goes elsewhere. We have stayed several times over the years, and like cruises, service varies from time to time. As mentioned, eating out involves some sort of transport, but the restaurant is usually OK. the last time we stayed they had a problem in the kitchen, and they plied us with free wine whilst we waited!

Our first cruise was on Cunard, QE2 in 1991, inside dungeon! We have cruised with other lines since, but are considering a cruise on QV next year.

Enjoy

'Bomber County' = Lincolnshire UK !

So called for the number of bomber bases in the county in WW2, and I'm old enough remember huge flights of bombers flying over our house near Grantham during the war.

My FIL was an upper gunner in a B17, and he never would talk about his flights. We learnt after his death that missions were top secret and details were not released until after his death.

Edited by Adammara
Spelling!