Parasailing in Cozumel

emilyreid09

My boyfriend and I (23 and 24) are going on the NCL Getaway in November and will be stopping at Cozumel one day. We really want to do parasailing but I am nervous about tours that aren't through the cruise line.

The cruise is not offering any parasailing excursions at this port, so I want to know if anyone else has booked an individual excursion for this and with what company?

I've looked up a few but it's so hard to know what is reliable, worth the money, safe, etc. Any experience you have had would really help me decide!

Thanks in advance!

We really want to do parasailing but I am nervous about tours that aren't through the cruise line.

I have to jump in on this one!

I almost never book a shore excursion through the cruise line, but if there were one offered for parasailing in Cozumel if that is what I wanted to do after my last experience, I would.

I have parasailed probably 15-18 times, both solo and also with my kids (tandems) in a variety of ports/vacation destinations. In all times previous to Cozumel I had booked them independently and had a great time.

That said, during our last cruise on the Breeze we spent a wonderful afternoon at the Money Bar, and my then 12 yo wanted to parasail for the first time, so we booked the activity through the activities kiosk there.

I have to say, it was frightening:eek:! The boat operator arrived and I should have turned right around and said NO WAY.....it was very obvious that the boat was in need of repair, the equipment was not up to par (not even close) with any of my many past parasailing activities.

I wish I knew the name of the operator to pass it on to you, but I don't. It was very scary as the ropes/hooks/harnesses did not look maintained at all.

So my advise, if the cruise line offers an excursion that is posted at a later date either take it or search these forums for CC reviews and also check Tripadvisor and know what you are getting up front.