sorry, another drinks thread!

We are cruising on Majesty end of October. When booking with TA , hubby said no to the drinks package as its £598 for 11 nights. Now he thinks he might like it, purely I think so its paid for and out of the way before we cruise( I'm not sure I agree with him, but don't worry- I'm not going to involve you CC ers in our argument!) .

My question is, as we booked with a TA do we contact them to add drinks package or do we contact Thomson? Hopefully one of you might have done the same.

Through your TA I would think, that's how I did it on the one and only occasion we opted for the drinks package which was nowhere near what's quoted for "A Taste For Adventure" next month.

Has he done his homework on the prices - there are supplements for many popular drinks ?

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a good offer, works out at £27.18 per person per day - that's just to "get even" on the deal !!!

A personal opinion of course, others differ.

Another thought - that cruise only has two full days at sea.

Yes, only two sea days means quite a lot of time off the ship. He isn't a big drinker( I think I probably drink more than him!)but he thinks after sightseeing he will want a few beers, two glasses of wine with dinner, and a few drinks in the evening. The sea days will see him drinking quite a few cappuccinos and cocktails, but Although I don't think it is going to be cost effective, I will let him get it without giving too much ear ache:D. ( I might point out to him that the few hundred might be better saved towards another cruise, so maybe that will help steer him in the right direction)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hello

It depends on if you want a surprise at the end of the cruise.

Personally, if the all inclusive is set at a reasonable price, I will go for it.

As weecountryman says, it does sound a bit high and the price may come down.

Check on the Thomson pre book section.

Cheers

Never heard of the prepaid drinks package coming down in price.

You can buy specific packages onboard, various combinations of beer and wine etc.

That would be my preferred option - way cheaper than nearly £600 upfront.

Then there is happy hour (presumably) when you can enjoy a few gargles at 2 for the price of 1 ?

Edited by WeeCountyMan

The price of the drinks package never comes down! The Majesty does wine and beer packages which are quite good value.

I drink becks non-alcoholic in my local becks is£3.70 becks non is£2.00 on board both are same price about £3.70 ?

Never heard of the prepaid drinks package coming down in price.

Then there is happy hour (presumably) when you can enjoy a few gargles at 2 for the price of 1 ?

A happy hour would be perfect- we have had 2 for 1 and happy hour on other cruise lines, does Thomson do it too?

I think hubby is now swaying away from paying the silly £598 for the drinks package, but still a few weeks to go so who knows!

There's always been Happy Hour on Spirit (aptly named) and Celebration (not inappropriate either) when we've sailed on them - assume it'll be the same on Majesty ?

Being able to enjoy a duty free drink in the cabin, plus happy hour, and taking into consideration the amount of time in ports of call - the drinks package is difficult to justify at all but £300 per person over 11 nights.........in my personal judgement.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Thanks for all the help. I'm relating all the replies i'm getting to hubby and it looks like he is deciding against the package(thankfully!)

I too like my bottle of duty free in the cabin, that along with happy hour and kettle in cabin will be fine for me.

with all those port stops, hubby will want to find a free(ish) wifi spot , so we can enjoy a cappuccino/beer while we Skype home.