Best cruise for two year olds

MissWriter

We would like to take our two year old twins on a cruise. There are so many options out there! Seasoned cruisers of little ones, what cruise ship would you recommend? My hubby and I like to eat delicious food, just wanted to throw that in there, but the most important thing for us is that the twins have a good time. :) :)

If having a drop off kids club is important to you, then two lines that will accept two year olds are Carnival and Cunard.

If you are willing to pay a fee per hour of care (I think it is 6 or 8 dollars per hour), plus deal with the fact that availability is not guaranteed, then you might want to consider a newer or refurbished Royal Caribbean ship or Disney or the Norwegian Escape.

If you want a line in which you can visit the kids club with your children since you don't want to drop them off, then Princess might be a good choice.

If you don't care about potential kids club options, let us know and people will be happy to advise you regarding what options are most important to you.

Kitkat does a great breakdown of the options at that age. I would just note that the fee-based child-care will be per hour, per child, so could end up costly. I took my girls on Carnival the week after they turned two. They had not been in any child care previously and one handled it great, the other did not and had to be picked up usually (though I was able to drop them both with no problem after they had fallen asleep at night by bringing them in their stroller).

Best,

Mia

Sorry - the second paragraph should have stated

If you are willing to pay a fee per hour of care (I think it is 6 or 8 dollars per hour), plus deal with the fact that availability is not guaranteed, then you might want to consider a newer or refurbished Royal Caribbean ship or Disney or the Norwegian Escape, which all have nurseries for children aged 6 months - 3 years.

And, yes, thanks Mia - that's a really good catch on how the nursery could add up with twins!

Edited by kitkat343