Funny Meet and Greet stories.

MrJoeBlack

I would definitely attend the Meet/Greet.

Ours had a gift exchange....which was very nice. $10 gift from you town/state.

Our Alaska M/G was very well attended and we had a small talk by some of the ship officers.

My daughter and I each received Chocolate Covered Strawberries delivered to our cabins later in the week from the Food/Beverage officer.

He noticed the handmade name tags and complimented us on them.

We had a fun time meeting all the people we had been "talking" to on our roll call.

I was at an RCCL Meet And Greet a few years back. One of the ladies attending was a bit (no a lot) on the plus side size. She was as nice as she could be. When the Captain came in, he was shaking each of our hands. She was seated and stood up to shake his hand. When she sat back down, the chair collapsed under her and she plopped to the floor. It did not hurt her thank goodness. But the look on the Captain's face was priceless...trying to think of something "Captainly" to say. She busted out laughing and it relieved an awkward situation. He said something about checking the chairs to one of the other officers....and he laughed a bit too.

I dont mean to embarrass her or talk bad, honestly. But the situation that followed her crash and the Captain's reaction is what cracked me up.

I don't have any funny stories from previous meet & greets but I have

made friends who I am in contact with that I never would have met.

One couple was from Germany who I flew over to travel with last year.

and had a ball.

Best

Rhea

We were on the Disney Wonder. This was not a CC event, this was a group of Disney pin collectors. I think we were a group about 100+.

Anyway we had a luncheon set up by the organizers. One of the couples had there son with them, he could not have been more than 9mo old, and obviously very hungry.

The Mom had on a one piece bathing suit and a bottom wrap on. Very tasteful.

But her son wanted to EAT. As we were talking, the baby pulled down her top.

And there she was. Breast completely exposed and a baby crying, a mother completely mortified, a husband laughing and a bunch of strangers with fond mammaries.:D

It really was hysterical. But a what an introduction.

On my cruise in 2011, we had a "yankee swap" as a gift exchange. I always bring maple syrup because, living in Vermont, it is plentiful and usually appreciated.

This time, the recipient, after realizing it was real maple syrup, went out of her way to hide her gift, so no one could take it from her. It thought it was funny to see what lengths she went to to hide that bottle!

On my cruise in 2011, we had a "yankee swap" as a gift exchange. I always bring maple syrup because, living in Vermont, it is plentiful and usually appreciated.

This time, the recipient, after realizing it was real maple syrup, went out of her way to hide her gift, so no one could take it from her. It thought it was funny to see what lengths she went to to hide that bottle!

When was that cruise and on what ship? Sounds like something I did by hiding it between my legs.

Harriet

We were on the Disney Wonder. This was not a CC event, this was a group of Disney pin collectors. I think we were a group about 100+.

Anyway we had a luncheon set up by the organizers. One of the couples had there son with them, he could not have been more than 9mo old, and obviously very hungry.

The Mom had on a one piece bathing suit and a bottom wrap on. Very tasteful.

But her son wanted to EAT. As we were talking, the baby pulled down her top.

And there she was. Breast completely exposed and a baby crying, a mother completely mortified, a husband laughing and a bunch of strangers with fond mammaries.:D

It really was hysterical. But a what an introduction.

"fond mammaries". LMAO. Now, that's funny.