Galveston Parking

Riley's Mom

I am wanting to try Dolphin 81 parking next month, does anyone have opinions about them?

We have been using Lighthouse the past few years but their customer service is terrible (the past 2 cruises). The driver will not drive the van to your vehicle to pick up or drop of luggage, so last. May during a thunderstorm all our luggage was soaked and so were we. We asked the driver if he would drop us off closer to our car and he refused. It ws the same driver.

Hoping to have a better experience with Dolphin 81.

Thank you for your thoughts.

How do they compare with EZ Cruise? We are sailing in December and I was also looking for a good parking location.

I've heard that EZ Cruise now waits until the shuttles are completely full before they depart. We used EZ many many years ago. What stopped us from using them was they overbooked and we had to wait an hour and a half in line with our car running on a hot day to enter the lot. Had to wait for a car to leave before a new one could park. It was a disaster and we almost missed our cruise.

Then started using Lighthouse and they were great until the last few times.

In May was the final straw.

Galveston VIP Parking is where we plan to park in April. They are right across the street from the terminal and they park your vehicle inside. They are a little closer to the terminal than Park N Cruise.

We have used Park N Cruise twice and were very pleased with them. However Galveston VIP is right at the red light. We used them before when they were BOI Valet and they were great.

I don't believe you can go wrong with either of these if you want inside parking. Park N Cruise does have outdoor parking available also.

Hope you have a great cruise and a good experience wherever you decide to park.

We used park n cruise. Will use it again. It's across the street from the boat so we rolled our bags over. Very quick and easy. No lines

Only problem with Park n Cruise is that we always have too many bags and pieces of luggage to take ourselves to the pier. We each have 3 suitcases and a weekender carryon. Yes, we overpack . Lol

Only problem with Park n Cruise is that we always have too many bags and pieces of luggage to take ourselves to the pier. We each have 3 suitcases and a weekender carryon. Yes' date=' we overpack . Lol[/quote']

Our last cruise we carried everything over in one hauls about 10 am. Then we went got in the hot tub from suits in carry on, ate lunch, and had a grand time. THEN ABOUT 3:30~I realized we had left our giant bag of shoes in the car! We both had on winter boots and that would not be ok in the Caribbean! Security almost didn't let us off. They did let by dh off while they held me in security. You are probably right about not having enough hands to drag it all over. It would take us two trips or a shuttle. We arrive so early we would probably just haul over the bags then go back for all the carry ons.

What time do you guys get there to park? Is there a problem finding a spot with people leaving from the previous cruise, and people getting there to park for the new cruise?

How is traffic getting out of there and back up 45 headed north?

We usually get there about 10:00. A lot of the previous cruisers are gone by then.

We normally do the early departure and carry our luggage off. At that time there is not much traffic. We get ahead of it, I guess.

Just got back. We used lighthouse. We were picked up and dropped off directly in front of our vehicle, as was everyone else in the lot.

Our second time with lighthouse. The covered parking is a great value. We had to wait 10 minutes for a shuttle to go to the port (the one in the lot was going to a different ship)- but coming off the ship, we got right onto one! We appreciated their lot has a restroom too!