Westerdam stateroom 6003

GoneJohnson

Hello,

I am on HAL's 21 day Panama cruise next March. I am currently in room SY5001 an awesome suite. I would really like to take my Mother but that will involve getting an additional interior room.

I am considering downgrading and if I can cut enough costs bring my Mother. I'll call about a quote.

Questions...

First, does VB6003 have a view forward?

Second, do you know if the deck gets cut off or smaller in that room.

Yes, I do need a HC room I am in a power chair 24/7 unless it is bedtime.

I visited my neighbor across the hall in 6004 (I was in 6002) and it did not have a forward view. So 6003 would not either. I think I have a picture, I'll look and post it if I do. Sorry, I did not go out on her balcony so can't answer about the size of the balcony.

Here are a couple of screen shots from the wonderful PTZtv webcam in FLL. In the first picture you can see the two forward facing windows on decks 6 (6001 and 6002) - no windows for 6003 or 6004. (Deck 8 shows the bridge, deck 7 has 6 forward facing windows.)

205d65b2b27e6082db525473281476a1.jpg

In the second picture you can see the balcony of 6004. It does not look any different in size from the regular balconies although it looks like you might have a small part of the balcony metal-fronted.

b3ff594f898def6638d6ac53303efd17.jpg

A question to you seasoned cruise people here... If I do and think I will as us brothers/sisters will figure it out the $$ But I see little reason to buy/purchase now an interior room. They will defiantly be there, yes choice might be limited but the prices should fall - right? After final payment date.

Another silly question. The room I currently have 5001 is it on the same level as the bow? or one floor up. I thought it was even with where the bow has flat area in front. But if I am counting right and reading Scrapnana's writing and photos right it looks like it's a deck up off the bow. There is a window in it too. So that makes sense.

Just making sure I am counting decks right.