Family Suite On Golden And Grand Princess

Phamer55

I am looking into booking the Family Suite on the Golden or Grand Princess for Europe. We have 7 in our group (4 adults and 3 kids). It doesn't seem like you can get a price quote on this suite because the most you can usually book is 4 people online. Anybody know approximately how much it costs for this room (say for a June-Aug sailing in '06)? Are the first 2 passengers a certain price and passengers 3-8 at the reduced extra person cost? Or do they consider this really 2 staterooms and passengers 1-4 are at the higher price.

Cant tell you about pricing, but I can tell you that the family suites are very expensive and you will pay the full price for the first four people. We were upgraded to the family suite on the Star two years ago. It was just my husband and 2 boys and myself, and it worked well, but I sure wouldn't have wanted to pay the full price for it. As far as the sleeping arrangements go, the minisuite side has two twins/queen (can be set up either way) bed. Two others sleep on fold out couches in the living room area which has no divider between that and the minisuite sleeping area. The second bedroom has two twin beds with fold down bunks above them. These beds cannot be converted into queen as the doorway to the closet/bathroom/door to hallway is between the beds. You might want to look into booking two staterooms instead... either outside (or balcony or miniusite) with an inside across the hall or else two balcony or minisuite cabins next to each other. If you have two balconies next to one another the divider between balconies can be opened by your room steward and you can pass from one to the other. This would probably be much cheaper than the family suite.

Steve,

My husband and I took our three children last year for a week on the Grand and I was quoted a price of $10,000 for the family suite, which I was told was actually just two connecting rooms, nothing special. Needless to say, we took two minisuites for MUCH less!

Hmmm, $10000 doesn't seem bad at all. I just checked out the Golden Princess for June 3rd, 2006 and INSIDES are priced over $2000 pp, plus $1000 bucks each for the two kids, for a total of $6000. Two insides would be $12,000. If the Family Suite was $10000 for 4, would it be $14,000 for 7? I think that would be worth it. I am guess, though, that for 7 of us it would be much more than $14,000. By the way, mini-suites for 4 on that cruise is priced over $11,000 for the 4 of us, yikes!!

I believe you are comparing apples to oranges when you are comparing the $10,000 that some are saying they were quoted for a one week cruise (that was probably in the Caribbean) to what it would be for Europe next summer. You will probably have a longer (10 or 12 days is my guess) cruise so of course fares will be higher. If they want $2000pp for an inside I can guarantee that the family suite would be much higher than that (probably in the $4000 -5000pp range). Also, the pricing for third and fourth persons would be higher than an inside since Princess generally charges 50% of the full fare for 3rd/4th passengers in minisuites and full suites. The best way to find out is to call Princess and price it out in all possible ways.

Archived