Kids of different ages...tips needed

bandjwayne

My family (2 adults, 2 kids (7 & 10) and another family (2 adults, 3 kids (8, 10, & 12) will be traveling on a 6 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Vista in Jan 2017. My husband and I have gone on many cruises, but mostly just adults. We took our older son when he was 5 on a short 4 day Bahama cruise...this worked out great as he was so well behaved with all our attention given to just him and it was a short cruise.

What I'm needed your help with is tips for traveling with more kids & kids of different ages...esp. since the oldest child is out the young kids club (it only goes until age 11).

Thanks in advance for all your help!

The 12 year old may really enjoy some time away from siblings to make some new friends on his own in his own age group club.. I travel with my three grandsons (11, 6, and 3) and the 11 y/o loves getting to do things on his own without the younger brothers. He loved having bottomless bubbles and getting to go get a soda and explore the ship for a while without the "littles".

Sounds like you have a good age range for that number of kids. No one is too much older or younger than anyone else. Do the kids get along well? I think there will be many things they'll be able to do like play mini golf and at the water park. they can watch evening movies, and do whatever else they would do on any vacation.

One thing I would be sure of is to make sure the families have some time apart. Have you travelled with this family before.