Long Beach shops/stores

cruznjan

Not really. There is a free hop on hop off shuttle. (you will see the signs where to stand) that will take you into town. (3 minute ride).

Almost every other corner, they pick you up and bring you back to the ship.

It is sooooo easy. Last minute items to pick up and bottles of wine.

I realized how unclear my response was. The bus stand is right in the parking lot of the cruise port. You can't miss it......and when you are ready to return.....the bus signs for where to stand to return are all over the place. You can't get lost. It REALLY is so easy.

Also, if you are shopping, bring a canvas bag. We had to buy one at the Walmart in town. Long Beach does NOT have bags....lol. Some stores have them, but they charge you for those flimsy plastic ones that break.

The Passport bus can be found in the parking lot, under the trees. Ask the driver when to get off. Not all stops are marked on the schedule or map.

Many Walmarts sell wine. Do not know if the Long Beach store does. Only go during the day. The area gets dicey at night.

Edited by SadieN

We usually get a car for U.S. ports. But we know the area. Not hard to get to on the shuttles. I like they are free to ride. But at night ,as pp said LB is dicey. But we went to antique store shopping , I came back with a huge porcelain sign. That was interesting to say the least.

The ship is at the end of a long peninsula of land. Next to the Cruise Terminal is a small Old England themed shopping area and the Queen Mary. The Hotel Maya is further down. There is no place to buy wine within walking distance, the shuttle is the best option.