Magic review coming- any questions

skittl1321

So...can you tell us what cabin yiu had and if you liked the location. I asked before. Sorry if you posted and I missed it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Oops- sorry.

We were in 7267, it was a balcony cabin. We thought the location was wonderful. Forward, right by a staircase/elevator bank. We heard a tiny (very tiny- only if we were by the bathroom door, not over by the bed) bit of noise the night they moved a lido deck party (Mexican Fiesta?) into the lobby due to rain; but otherwise, it was super quiet.

The balcony was great. Lots of people complain about the lanai on 5 obstructing the oceanview, but we didn't find it to be a problem. Maybe deck 6 would be too close, but by 7- I felt we had a clear view to the ocean unless we tried to look down at the wrap around deck. We saw porpoises leaving Galveston, and then dolphins/porpoises on two of the sea days. Also lots of flying fish.

Being on 7 was good too because it was only 2 decks up to Lido, or 2 decks down to Deck 5 where a lot of activities were. Because I am pregnant, we did take elevators UP from deck 3 after meals; but stairs down, (or up if 2 decks or less).

BIL and SIL were in Cabin 1234. It was a deluxe (family? don't remember the name) oceanview. They were happy there, except for noisy neighbors, although we "hung out" in our cabin. Coming back from port on deck 1 is so convenient! They were happy to have the second shower, but I don't think they ever used the tub. It was deep, but short. They always felt silly telling the MDR hostesses their room was 1234 though. But it helped me remember :)

Thank you so much for information on the cabin. Actually very useful for the rooms a couple of family members are looking to book. I see the deluxe oceanview has that small tub. Not sure if they will be able to use it either. I think they should just try a regular oceanview.

Thanks for information on the balcony as well.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

We did the SUP at Mr. Sanchos and it was AMAZING. $35 and we got 2 instructors, one of whom took photos the whole time for facebook. It was SO much fun. The balance was much easier than I thought it would be (originally they only wanted me to sit down, because I was pregnant, but they let me stand up after only a few minutes) but the paddling was hard work. After the hour, I was exhausted! I'm glad we did it at the end of the day.

I would be very worried about that flight. We got warnings in the stateroom to talk to guest services if we had flights before 2:00!!! Something to do with the Belize stop. They did issue priority self-debarkation for early flights; I'm not certain of the exact time though. However, we were done with breakfast and they were still doing self-assist by deck; I don't recall if ANY self assist was even called before 8:30. (Also note- you cannot hear the announcements if you are in the dining room.)

Thanks for the heads up, I am having a hard time getting hyped these last few days because of the flight. I figure Que sara sara. Worst case scenario we have to change flights that day. Cheaper to do it then than it is to do it before. We will definitely

Uber though!

One more work day and we are outta here!

Sorry, this is a Hijack. Jessandme, you need to plan on self disembark. The last time we came back from Belize it was almost 11 until we got off the ship. We also had friends on a Belize itinerary that were later than unusual getting off the ship.

Thanks for the tip, we will be doing the self disembark and speaking to anyone who can get us off quicker. Next time I will pay more attention to how far the port is from the airport. Lesson learned! What a cruise virgin.