New drink package prices - pay gratuities? Help!

emilyreid09

I saw recently that there is a change in the beverage package. I know that the value is now $15 instead of $11 but this meant some people had to pay gratuities or other charges to make up the difference.. I saw that the gratuities needed to paid by October 1 to make the new value work on the cruise, but I can’t tell if this applies to me.

I got the Ultimate Beverage Package as a booking promo back in April/May for my November sailing.. I never had any mention of gratuities for the package (Not the DSC this is different right?) so I don’t know if I am supposed to pay the additional charge now or since I didn’t have gratuities to begin with this won’t apply to me.

Does anyone know the answer to this or can you help figure out what I mean?

Thanks so much!

I spoke to my PCC after seeing tat post & I was told that everyone who has already booked is good. No money, no worries, no problems :)

"No money" only for those that booked before the end of April.

Those that booked since the beginning of June still pay bar service charges for promo UBP with their final payment.

I believe that gratuities were included when you booked. Since they they were broken out and are no longer included. I booked a few days ago for a late October 2015 sailing and had to pay the UBP gratuities at the time I booked.

Now with the change in price of the UBP program, the gratuities go up accordingly to match 18% of the new higher price. However, anyone who'd already paid them (or had them included) is grandfathered.

Edited by dd2355

I believe that gratuities were included when you booked. Since they they were broken out and are no longer included. I booked a few days ago for a late October 2015 sailing and had to pay the UBP gratuities at the time I booked.

Now with the change in price of the UBP program, the gratuities go up accordingly to match 18% of the new higher price. However, anyone who'd already paid them (or had them included) is grandfathered.

Okay great, thank you! I would be in that original grandfathered promo group, not the second group with gratuities then, if I am understanding this correctly. :)

I have a cruise booked for Feb. 2016 . My invoice with travel agent shows the 18 percent for the service charge on the package I received. Final payment isn't due until Nov. I assume that the amount I agreed upon will not be changed with new package prices.

"No money" only for those that booked before the end of April.

Those that booked since the beginning of June still pay bar service charges for promo UBP with their final payment.

I meant no money due before 10/1 to maintain current prior T&C. Sorry for the confusion

Edited by JuneauMe