Legend - Extended balcony - Deck 7 or 8

Traveler27

I have cabin 7199 booked for Alaska Cruise May 16 '16, Extended Balcony. From ship pictures looks like the overhang on deck 8 extends out further than on deck 7. Thought this might be better if we have rainy weather. Anyone have experience with this. Is the noise above deck 8 from the LIDO deck very apparent?

One of our biggest disappointments with our Alaskan cruise was our splurge of booking a suite on the Coral Princess. We had no roof or overhang. It rained 7 out of the 7 days we were on the ship. Sideways. It was miserable. And although the cabin itself was nice, we spent large amounts of time inside pressed up to the sliding glass door looking out. We noticed a lot of other folks sitting high and dry on their balconies.

We have cruised many time on Carnival Legend. Having an extended balcony would be the best way to go (unless you can get an aft wrap). If I recall, yes the roof overhang is wider above Deck 8 than Deck 7 and would provide great protection. That said, the possible trade off might be hearing deck chairs and other Lido noises when you are trying to rest. Although it would not bother me, it might be a concern if you are light sleeper.

Personally, I would try to get an extended balcony on Deck 8 toward the aft. (Not an aft balcony! They don't have a cover!) That way, you are only one floor from Lido/Serenity deck. But, Deck 7 is great location. Enjoy your cruise!

We were in 7198 this year for Alaska. While we had good weather, the balcony was deep enough that the times it did rain or fog we did not have any trouble.

Would book that room again for that itinerary, that was an amazing cruise.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I did move to deck 8 to cabin 8179 since it isn't right under the buffet. hopefully noise will be a little bit minimized. I imagine will get some noise but hopefully not enough to bother.:)

I was just on the Legend to Hawaii from Vancouver in Sept. I had extended balcony 7237 and it was very quiet, my sister had to balcony next to us on the left 7235, past our balcony it was jetted out, so we did not actually have a balcony next to us, there was no noise from above. We really liked the location right near the middle elevators. Enjoy your cruise

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked our first ever cruise on the Legend going to Alaska. Anyone here that can share with me their experience with the land excursions. I am leaning toward getting the 3 port excursion, whale, flight, misty fjord package. that package is expensive but looks awesome. also our cabin in deck 7 (7219) curious since I read some of you talking about a covering and it raining just wondering if there is anyone here that can shed some light on that particular area if that is a good cabin as far as the balcony is concerned. any info would be greatly appreciated