Turning Pinnacle Soon!

We disembarked Serenade last Friday from the 11 night. About half way through the cruise, we received a call from the LA saying that there were no crystal blocks available on the ship.

We were to receive (and did receive) a certificate noting our milestone the following evening. She went on to say that the block will be mailed to our home within 6 to 8 weeks.

I wondered if they had started mailing the blocks on other ships instead of giving them onboard? Or if this was just a temporary shortage?

~P :)

The norm is to receive your block on the cruise that you reach your milestone. We have only experienced once when the ship had run out of blocks, and it was delivered to our home some 3 weeks after our cruise had ended.

Rick

The norm is to receive your block on the cruise that you reach your milestone. We have only experienced once when the ship had run out of blocks, and it was delivered to our home some 3 weeks after our cruise had ended.

Rick

Hi Rick!! :)

I bet the LA on Serenade would not want to get into a discussion with you on who

is right or wrong! She would lose!! :eek: ;)

From what I have heard, the changes are coming in May. That carrot might even

be further up in numbers by then. I hope not, but that is the rumor so far. :(

Oh no!! I am booking a 4 night cruise in November just so I make D+ after my January cruise. :eek::mad:

Hi Rick!! :)

I bet the LA on Serenade would not want to get into a discussion with you on who

is right or wrong! She would lose!! :eek: ;)

Hi Pat. We will be on the Serenade this coming December, and not a milestone, except that we are planning for this cruise to be a bit discounted as it will come after our 1400th cruise point coming up this fall.

Rick

Oh no!! I am booking a 4 night cruise in November just so I make D+ after my January cruise. :eek::mad:

No need to panic. It's called "rumor".:D

The Major Change in May is the introduction of the Royal Suite Program on Quantum and Oasis class.

The Major Change in May is the introduction of the Royal Suite Program on Quantum and Oasis class.

Thank you! I really would have been upset....so close yet so far away!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hi Pat. We will be on the Serenade this coming December, and not a milestone, except that we are planning for this cruise to be a bit discounted as it will come after our 1400th cruise point coming up this fall.

Rick

Wow Rick!! :eek: And here I remember when you had "just a lowly 900 points". ;) :p :p

Congrats on your milestone! And if you decide to chat with the LA on Serenade....perhaps you could clue her in about when and on what ship we get our milestone crystal blocks? :D

Sorry we will miss you two on Serenade. We are on Rhapsody (our first time on that one)

in December (Bucky's choice) out of Tampa. Then "Welcome to PC Oasis" cruise for us

in January. Back to Serenade for the 11 night in February.

Yup, those rumors were flying freely on our last 10 night Serenade cruise. 40 Pinnacles and over 200

D+ on board that cruise. Can't help but listen to those rumors. Always fun to "guesstimate" what changes are coming. ;)

Edited by island lady

Wow Rick!! :eek: And here I remember when you had "just a lowly 900 points". ;) :p :p

Congrats on your milestone! And if you decide to chat with the LA on Serenade....perhaps you could clue her in about when and on what ship we get our milestone crystal blocks? :D

Sorry we will miss you two on Serenade. We are on Rhapsody (our first time on that one)

in December (Bucky's choice) out of Tampa. Then "Welcome to PC Oasis" cruise for us

in January. Back to Serenade for the 11 night in February.

Maybe we can catch up with you sometime next year. It would be great to cruise with you two again!!:)

Do you remember the name of the LA on the Serenade? There are many on here (like Patti and Jim) and other PC members, that know the whole routine, and could chat with the LA. The one thing that is totally consistent with Royal Caribbean, is they are consistently..........non consistent, and it runs ship to ship, and in Miami, from supervisor to supervisor.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Hello Everyone,

I will turn Pinnacle in November on Liberty of the Seas. Is there anything that I need to do prior to the sailing? Someone suggested that I see the Loyalty Ambassador as soon as I board the ship to tell her about it. Do I need to call anyone ahead of time? Alot of my friends are going to be onboard to help me celebrate.

Thanks very much for any information

Yes. Remember you are the same person now as you will be with that dime store pinacle badge.

We disembarked Serenade last Friday from the 11 night. About half way through the cruise, we received a call from the LA saying that there were no crystal blocks available on the ship.

We were to receive (and did receive) a certificate noting our milestone the following evening. She went on to say that the block will be mailed to our home within 6 to 8 weeks.

I wondered if they had started mailing the blocks on other ships instead of giving them onboard? Or if this was just a temporary shortage?

~P :)

Serenade was out last year for me as well :)

Now that it is doing longer cruises, and many people do back to back - several people are hitting their milestone within that 21 day period and they are running out of blocks.

If you have a lot of luggage it is almost nicer that they ship it to your house so you can keep the weight out of your luggage if you have to fly.

Maybe we can catch up with you sometime next year. It would be great to cruise with you two again!!:)

Do you remember the name of the LA on the Serenade? There are many on here (like Patti and Jim) and other PC members, that know the whole routine, and could chat with the LA. The one thing that is totally consistent with Royal Caribbean, is they are consistently..........non consistent, and it runs ship to ship, and in Miami, from supervisor to supervisor.

Rick

Would love to cruise with you two again! Hopefully our cruise schedule will line up again soon! :)

No, unfortunately I don't remember the LA lady's name on Serenade. I am guessing she has messed up many milestone crystal blocks for passengers. Her desk was to the right as you entered into their little office, which is just off the hallway between the schooner bar and the back lounge (across from the floating pool tables). I don't mind having the block sent to the house when they are out of stock, rather than drag it off the ship, but she needs to correct her thinking when she insisted the blocks are not awarded until after the points are posted to your account and then receive it on the next ship. :(

Agree, it is annoying at times how different each ship's policies are from each other.

Edited by island lady

No, unfortunately I don't remember the LA lady's name on Serenade. I am guessing she has messed up many milestone crystal blocks for passengers. Her desk was to the right as you entered into their little office, which is just off the hallway between the schooner bar and the back lounge (across from the floating pool tables). I don't mind having the block sent to the house when they are out of stock, rather than drag it off the ship, but she needs to correct her thinking when she insisted the blocks are not awarded until after the points are posted to your account and then receive it on the next ship. :(

Agree, it is annoying at times how different each ship's policies are from each other.

Are you sure that is where he LA was located? When we were on board for our b2b in September/October, the area you described above was the Future Cruise Sales Office (as noted on the RCI Deck Plans).

Are you sure that is where he LA was located? When we were on board for our b2b in September/October, the area you described above was the Future Cruise Sales Office (as noted on the RCI Deck Plans).

That was how it was listed on the cruise compass on our 2/5 cruise, and that was where we found her. We played pool across the hall from her when we left the little office.

Perhaps they switched offices? I did use the Next Cruise people to book our upcoming Rhapsody cruise also. It had 4-5 desks and many staff members available, even in port. I was surprised they were open and taking walk ins during a port day. The Next Cruise was in an open area near the centrum. Maybe more exposure there? You could not help but see them when you walked through there. They were indeed doing a lot of business.

Edited by island lady

That was how it was listed on the cruise compass on our 2/5 cruise, and that was where we found her. We played pool across the hall from her when we left the little office.

Perhaps they switched offices? I did use the Next Cruise people to book our upcoming Rhapsody cruise also. It had 4-5 desks and many staff members available, even in port. I was surprised they were open and taking walk ins during a port day. The Next Cruise was in an open area near the centrum. Maybe more exposure there? You could not help but see them when you walked through there. They were indeed doing a lot of business.

Yes, then they did move. Agree more exposure closer to the Centrum.