Venice disembarkation

gmadvm

I know, another question about getting to the airport on time, but I wanted to see some more recent advice. Our ship docks at 6:45 and the flight is at 11:30. I input our flight info into that algorithm on royal caribbeans page and it computed that the earliest flight we could catch is 11:10' so we are within their estimation. What say you, the experienced travelers? We always do self disembark.

Thanks

Gerri

A few days before you reach Venezia you will be given a disembarkation quustionaire to fill in that covers all scenarios . You will be able to nominate your early disembarkation requirement for early flight etc . Then you will be issued colour coded tags for your luggage and directed to be at X point to disembark at X time as first off the boat . If in doubt ask at the Pursers Office when you board .

Edited by kuldalai

I guess I wasn't specific. I know the process of disembarkation. My question is do you think it is reasonable to catch a flight at 11:30 with a 6:45 ship arrival time. I have been to Marco Polo airport before and I remember we were so early they wouldn't let us check in but that was a few years ago. I'm trying to figure this out before buying the plane tickets. We have been to Venice before and it would be best to not have to add an extra vacation day if I can avoid it. Any recent travelers with experience with disembarking with an early flight?

• 4 weeks later...

We are in a similar senerio. Ship also arrives at 6:45am and we're looking at a flight departing at 10:55am. We are a family of four(two older teens). Cruise arrives Saturday June 18, 2016. Do you think we'd be OK with time? We'd plan to carry off our luggage if that means we could get an earlier departure.

Ā 

Thanks for any suggestions!