NCL Garden Villa Liquor Selection

pboxfun

Good luck with that!! Several years ago they were very good about switching out different booze. That ended quite some time ago. Very small changes (cost wise) might go through. Serious up charge items like your listing are very unlikely. They want to charge for most small changes. Example, I wanted to move from Smirnoff to Grey Goose, they wanted a $40 per bottle up charge. For what you're asking I would guess anywhere from $40-80 per bottle and pre concierge certainly won't do it, it will need to be on board. Let us know how you make out.

In 2014 in GV on Dawn they wouldn't even change Bacardi Superior to Bacardi Oakheart (both their standard well rums and priced exactly the same onboard) without that $40 fee per bottle. Got that waived by escalating high enough though.

P.S. Despite what many people also in this thread state, there is no such thing as "pre concierge". The entity is "pre cruise concierge desk" that is just a regular customer service desk dedicated to VIPs.

They can not do any decision there that a regular customer service couldn't do - they just take notes and add them to your reservation for the actual concierge to read much, much closer to embarkation. Before that the staff onboard is busy with previous passengers - one wouldn't want to have their onboard experience dampened because the actual concierge or butler is busy with requests of some future cruisers boarding only weeks or months later, right?

There are few things the pre-cruise concierge desk might get approved in advance by escalating (for example authorization for non-suite passengers to board with suite passengers), but the contents of the wish list is to availability etc onboard - many people (me included) have had seldom success even getting basic things on that list completed before getting in to the suite, in many cases the butler doesn't have time to go through the list until later during the embarkation day.

In 2014 in GV on Dawn they wouldn't even change Bacardi Superior to Bacardi Oakheart (both their standard well rums and priced exactly the same onboard) without that $40 fee per bottle. Got that waived by escalating high enough though.

P.S. Despite what many people also in this thread state, there is no such thing as "pre concierge". The entity is "pre cruise concierge desk" that is just a regular customer service desk dedicated to VIPs.

They can not do any decision there that a regular customer service couldn't do - they just take notes and add them to your reservation for the actual concierge to read much, much closer to embarkation. Before that the staff onboard is busy with previous passengers - one wouldn't want to have their onboard experience dampened because the actual concierge or butler is busy with requests of some future cruisers boarding only weeks or months later, right?

There are few things the pre-cruise concierge desk might get approved in advance by escalating (for example authorization for non-suite passengers to board with suite passengers), but the contents of the wish list is to availability etc onboard - many people (me included) have had seldom success even getting basic things on that list completed before getting in to the suite, in many cases the butler doesn't have time to go through the list until later during the embarkation day.

I completely agree with the whole pre concierge desk fiasco. They are pretty good about anything that involves increased revenue, i.e. selling specialty dining etc. But for things to be done on board, best to wait and deal with the "real" concierge pre boarding. He/she and the Butler can make most things happen within a few hours.