NCL Garden Villa Liquor Selection

pboxfun

Have you gotten a letter from your pre-cruise concierge? If so, contact him or her and ask them to provide you with the list. You should be able to preorder through them. The "bottle service" list is a pretty good gauge of what is available. If you wait until you board to make your ur selections, don't be afraid to ask your butler about possible substitutions if you want something that is not on the list. When we stayed in a DOS, we subbed Capt Morgan and Malibu without an additional up charge, even though they were not on the list.

Have you gotten a letter from your pre-cruise concierge? If so, contact him or her and ask them to provide you with the list. You should be able to preorder through them. The "bottle service" list is a pretty good gauge of what is available. If you wait until you board to make your ur selections, don't be afraid to ask your butler about possible substitutions if you want something that is not on the list. When we stayed in a DOS, we subbed Capt Morgan and Malibu without an additional up charge, even though they were not on the list.

No not yet, the sail date is still 120 days away. So I know I won't be getting the letter anytime soon. Thanks for the tips! Captain Morgan is one of my favorites as well.

I was able to add Grand Marnier so I believe there is some substitution allowed.

In April 2014 on Dawn they were insisting on charging us $40 per bottle just to switch Bacardi Superior to Bacardi Oakheart that is also their very much used well rum and exactly the same price. I only got the switch done by complaining to the concierge and HD.

Edited by Demonyte

I've got the list from September at home and can post it when I get off work. I was able to add Grand Marnier so I believe there is some substitution allowed.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I agree about the possibility of upgrading after boarding; your chances are better for not being charged. The choices are well type stuff.

A couple of days late but here's the full list copied from the letter...

Please choose 6 bottles from the list below.

Liquor

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

North & South by Norwegian, Sauvignon Blanc, California

North & South by Norwegian, Red Blend, California

Sodas

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Sierra Mist Soda

Orange Soda

Tonic Water

Ginger Ale

Club Soda

As I said previously, I only picked 5 from the list and then asked about the Grand Marnier or other similar orange flavored liqueur. We also received margarita mix, sweet & sour mixer, and bloody mary mixer. We asked for a blender and it was provided along with a cooler full of ice that was restocked daily.

Carrie

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I'd like to end up with 2 bottles of Macallan, one Patron or other Anejo tequilla, and a bottle of Gray Goose.

So, given my expressed preference above, do people think I should try to ore-order as indicated above, or just order 6 bottles of whatever is most expensive and then trade on board. Also, who is the person to best undertake this "trade" on board: the butler or the concierge?

Your luck may vary with pre-cruise concierge. If your request wasn't filled prior to boarding, your butler will provide you with the list of items that can be provided and would also bring those items to your suite.

Carrie

So, given my expressed preference above, do people think I should try to ore-order as indicated above, or just order 6 bottles of whatever is most expensive and then trade on board. Also, who is the person to best undertake this "trade" on board: the butler or the concierge?

Since what you want is not on the list you will need to take it up with the onboard concierge. So leave the list blank.

We were able to swap the Kahlua for Baileys on this past GV trip, but had to pay an upcharge a few years ago.

However, ordered orange vodka and had to pay the upcharge on it, so not sure if they're more likely to switch one bottle out than several.

I'd like to end up with 2 bottles of Macallan, one Patron or other Anejo tequilla, and a bottle of Gray Goose.

Good luck with that!! Several years ago they were very good about switching out different booze. That ended quite some time ago. Very small changes (cost wise) might go through. Serious up charge items like your listing are very unlikely. They want to charge for most small changes. Example, I wanted to move from Smirnoff to Grey Goose, they wanted a $40 per bottle up charge. For what you're asking I would guess anywhere from $40-80 per bottle and pre concierge certainly won't do it, it will need to be on board. Let us know how you make out.