Romance aboard

Surffish2285

Let me start by saying that I'm not the most romantic guy in the world, but I do try. Im taking my wife on a cruise aboard the Inspiration at the end of the month and have gone above and beyond making this cruise romantic and special for her. It got me thinking that this would be a good time for this question...What is your favorite romantic thing to do while on a cruise!

Let me start by saying that I'm not the most romantic guy in the world, but I do try. Im taking my wife on a cruise aboard the Inspiration at the end of the month and have gone above and beyond making this cruise romantic and special for her. It got me thinking that this would be a good time for this question...What is your favorite romantic thing to do while on a cruise!

Look at the stars in the night sky is one on my favorite things to do on the ship.

Never complain about anything. My husband dresses up nice for dinner, always tells me I look beautiful, and sits through 2 hour dinners visiting with me when we are on cruises. He never complains about the length of time it takes or gripes to the staff. He stays happy and focuses on spending time together . that simplicity keeps a romantic atmosphere going. We watch the movie together under the stars in our dress up clothes. We go get our lunches separately sometimes so we can both get different things and share and meet up on a deck that is secluded and eat together and watch the water. You can always find a deck that doesn't hardly have anyone on it that are often overlooked. Laugh together! We are taking our 25 th anniversary cruise next year. Gotta keep the romance alive!

We sit on the serenity deck at night and talk about the day and things we don't normally have time to talk about. Just relaxing and enjoying each other's company away from the rat race is a great change for us.

Doing nothing is our favorite part of a cruise! It has taught us to do this a bit more at home. No electronics and doing nothing but relaxing together! Heavenly!

We have been known to slow dance to the music on the Lido deck (or Panorama) after they put the chairs away. We hold hands all the time anyway, but on a cruise, we aren't worried about anything else, just able to focus on each other. When we haven't cruised for an extended period (like right now), we both miss the uninterrupted "us" time. 125 days until our next cruise, but who's counting. ;)

What I think is always romantic is holding hands more, being more just loving (random hugs, kisses, etc..), just enjoying your time together stress free.

Watching a movie while in the room, waking up and looking out at ocean. watching the stars at night.

I do have to give my bf props, both times while on the cruise I have been super sick (I think it's all the stress leading up to the cruise finaly wearing me down lol) and he has been super supportive making sure I was as comfortable as possible. I had a panic attack pretty bad on his bday so he even stayed in the cabin with me most of the day watching movies and talking ordering room service instead of going to the mdr for his bday dinner and cake with candle or pie lol.

My parents amaze me the most. I love watching how much they reconnect and still love each other after 30 plus years of marriage. It's so much fun for me to see them dancing together (something I have never seen before) and holding hands and just enjoying being together.

We love to take walks out on deck after dinner (we always do the 8:30p sitting), find a chair on deck, and just sit back and hang out together.

We will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary on board the Miracle at Christmas this year. Can't wait! I hope you and your wife have a great cruise!:D

Sitting in a hot tub together on the Serenity deck, watching the night sky and the wakes behind. (This only works on Fantasy class ships, where the Serenity deck is at the aft end, rather than at the forward top deck.)

Also works on the Spirit Class -- Spirit, Legend, Miracle and Pride. :)

We will be on the Inspiration at the end of the month for our anniversary. I am Romance. If you would like you can follow us around and do what I do.

Seriously though, the most romantic things in the world are often the simplest. Slow down, take time to appropriate the sea, the sky and your wife. It'll romance will find you

We love going to the serenity deck at night when it is pretty much deserted and finding a clamshell and laying there listening to the waves and looking at the stars with a glass of wine.

Its also nice getting a couple of blankets and watching the movie outside under the stars at night.

Sitting in a hot tub together on the Serenity deck, watching the night sky and the wakes behind. (This only works on Fantasy class ships, where the Serenity deck is at the aft end, rather than at the forward top deck.)

Spirit Class (at least the Pride) also has the Serenity Deck in the back and my DH and I also enjoy doing this. It is wonderful! :D

My fella and I always hit up the steakhouse (just us, even though we often cruise with my parents and sometimes have dinner with them) at least once for a romantic, quiet dinner. We like the first night for the extra bottle and because, in our experience, it's usually underbooked/quiet (no guarantees on that, but has been for us). I don't care much about dressing up and neither does he (we both follow dress code) but having nice, long multi-course dinners is romantic, more-so at the steakhouse but sometimes can be nice in the MDR. A little bit too busy in there for "romance" feelings for us. We like quiet spots, the serenity, our balcony, etc, and a nice drink. The seaside theatre movies have been good for us, cuddling with blankets and watching movies while drinking wine. But really it's just nice to be together, separated from the "real world" and work worries for a whole week or so.

We also have a pact not to fuss, fight, complain, or be bothered. Just to get over it if something bad happens (fix it if we can, of course, but move on) which makes things nice. That pact is easy to enforce on a cruise (less so IRL but we're trying that too).

I am a widow and had the best fortune to meet my significant other on the Miracle 9 years ago. We have cruised together every year since.

So, the whole idea of cruising is romantic for us. However, we love our late night strolls on an upper deck, watching the stars and listening to the ship cut through the water.

Something about cruising brings such a closeness, not only to my man but to the Lord above too. :)

I am a widow and had the best fortune to meet my significant other on the Miracle 9 years ago. We have cruised together every year since.

So, the whole idea of cruising is romantic for us. However, we love our late night strolls on an upper deck, watching the stars and listening to the ship cut through the water.

Something about cruising brings such a closeness, not only to my man but to the Lord above too. :)

Your post made me smile this morning!

That's romantic? If there is jewelry involved, you pick it out and give it to her at a special time.

I AGREE!

It is the surprise that he cares enough to notice what you like and buys it for a surprise.