Mullet/LeGalion Questions

l2f

Are water shoes needed at Mullet or LeGalion?

LeGalion - can someone tell us how much is a taxi? Also I have read sometimes it is hard to get one back to port. If the taxi don't come back for you. So if you need to walk to Orient to catch one, can you provide some help on how to get there.

Thanks

LeGalion - can someone tell us how much is a taxi? Also I have read sometimes it is hard to get one back to port. If the taxi don't come back for you. So if you need to walk to Orient to catch one, can you provide some help on how to get there.

Thanks

The walk to Orient is: north from the entrance to Le Galion past the Butterfly Farm (on the left); then it curves to the right around a salt marsh. Since it's next to the coast all you need to do is stay right; if you get wet you're too far over.

Thanks

No you can just walk out to the road that leads to Oeient to catch a taxi. It's 330 yards or so from Le Galion. No need to walk all the way to Zorient. Just flag the taxi down. If it's getting later in the afternoon to ensure that you get a seat in the taxi I would suggest flagging down a taxi on the way to Orient and just staying on for the drive back to port.

Other points covered - but you might want water shoes at Le Galion - I have stepped on the occasional uncomfortable stone there - and it is very shallow (making it great for small children) so you do a lot of walking in the water.

In the swimming area or over by the rocks? I go to LeGalion often and I have never ever witnessed one person with water shoes on and I have gone during the weekends when the islanders have their big family parties and when the school age children are swimming with their summer camps.

I guess no matter which beach you go to you will come across the occasional stone or piece of glass. :)

I've been to LeGalion many times, sand is perfectly soft. Also, we've never walked anywhere to get a taxi back to port. We've seen many drive in to the beach. When we were there last year, it was $6 a person one way to LeGalion. :)

I've been to LeGalion many times, sand is perfectly soft. Also, we've never walked anywhere to get a taxi back to port. We've seen many drive in to the beach. When we were there last year, it was $6 a person one way to LeGalion. :)

Only $6! That's the price to go to Dawn which is before Le Galion. Was your van completely full?

Only $6! That's the price to go to Dawn which is before Le Galion. Was your van completely full?

I thought it was $6 but possibly $7 a person now that I asked hubby (he too said it was either $6 or 7). And yes our van was full with just me, husband & our kids! lol :D

The current Official taxi rate from Philipsburg to Orient (and le Galion is directly adjacent, sharing the same road) is $20 for one or two, then $9 per person three up to five, and $8 per person for more than five, each way.

They will group passengers. You don't have to have your own group for the cheaper rate.

gary