Next two Freedom class ships

BellaLove

Hello everyone,

Is there any word out on where the next two Freedom class ships will be sailing? I see the second is due in May of 2007 and the third in May of 2008, but no information on where they are sailing.

Thanks for any help,

BellaLove

Well if it's like Voyager/Explorer, The Second will come in and do all Eastern Routes (Freedom does all Western Routes, as did Voyager when she started in late 1999). The 3rd might go to San Juan for Southern?

But, RCCL probably doesn't even know for sure, yet.

As if anyone cares....ha!

I would love to see one of them go Southern from Miami or Ft Lauderdale so I don't have to fly to San Juan ....

I agree... I'd love to have one of them do Southern from Miami as well. Some nice 10/11 day cruises on a Freedom class would be WONDERFUL!

Hello everyone,

Is there any word out on where the next two Freedom class ships will be sailing? I see the second is due in May of 2007 and the third in May of 2008, but no information on where they are sailing.

Thanks for any help,

BellaLove

RCCL has not posted any sailings past April 2007 for any of thier ships so until you see other ships iteneraries for May 2007, you will not see the other Freedom class ships sailings either. Personally, I would love to one of them do an Eastern Caribbean. My guess is they will start posting them in a couple months.

I think they should position one of the ships in Bayonne on a year round basis and have it do 10 or 11 day Caribbean cruises.

The only problem with RCCL cruises is they do not have self serve laundry so most people would have to bring 2 suitcases. Or pay the cruise the cruise lots of money to wash my clothes. As a guy who packs lightly and brings minimum stuff when I travel, I doubt everything would fit into one suitcase for a 10 day cruise.

The only problem with RCCL cruises is they do not have self serve laundry so most people would have to bring 2 suitcases. Or pay the cruise the cruise lots of money to wash my clothes. As a guy who packs lightly and brings minimum stuff when I travel, I doubt everything would fit into one suitcase for a 10 day cruise.

Who needs a laundry. Haven't you ever heard of turning your underwear inside out and then wearing it again. The again, why change it at all.....:eek:

This is one of the things we were concerned about before our first RCCL cruise, but the cost was really not bad, and we were just as happy not to waste valuable vacation time running back and forth doing laundry!;)

I have heard that Freedom series may have self-service laundries, but I agree with those that feel that there are better things to do on vacation than laundry and that the laundry fees are more than made up for by the convenience. Besides, self-service laundries may result in putting a lot of Chinese laundry employees out of work.

Would be nice to see a voyager class ship doing like a 9 -12 night cruise out of Miami to southern or a "circle the caribbean" deal.

I hate the extra 3 1/2 hours San Juan adds to the airline time, and I would like to do longer cruises on the voyager or ultra voyager class

We all keep wishing for this....but it never happens. Is anyone listening????

What is keeping RCL from doing this??

Would that be the Jewel of the seas since it was launched in '04?

The Jewel is not a mid-size ship.

Ship Facts s.gifMaiden Voyage: May 8, 2004

Passenger Capacity: 2,501

Godmother: Kathy Mellor

Gross Tonnage: 90,090

Length: 962'

Beam: 105.6'

Draft: 26.7'

Cruising Speed: 25 knots

The Jewel is not a mid-size ship.

Ship Facts s.gifMaiden Voyage: May 8, 2004

Passenger Capacity: 2,501

Godmother: Kathy Mellor

Gross Tonnage: 90,090

Length: 962'

Beam: 105.6'

Draft: 26.7'

Cruising Speed: 25 knots

I think with all the big ships (over 115000 grt.) being launched these days, all the panamax type ships are now considered, mid-range...

Archived