Snorkeling at Mr Sanchos, Playa Mia or Paradise Island?

saltcreekmom1

We are headed to Coz with our 3 kids... ages 12, 10 and 7. All good swimmers.

We would like to play on the beach with the water toys, relax, have a good lunch and maybe do some snorkeling. Would like a sandy beach.

We don't drink at all, so alcohol is not a factor.

I've read all the reviews and I'm still perplexed at which one to choose.

It looks like Paradise has the best toys. Playa mia has "toys" for rent (waverunners etc) and Mr. Sanchos has a boat snorkel trip. I think.

I need to know out of the 3 which has???

* Best water toys (inflatables) for older kiddos

* Best sandy Beach

* Best food

* Snorkeling?

Once I know that I can try to pin it down on which one will be best for us. Also, can I expect the same type of crowds at each one?

No place with a sandy beach will offer great snorkeling - the waves and sand tend to cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in.

Have not been to either Paradise Island or Playa Mia. Mr. Sanchos non-AI side will meet your other needs (inflatable water toys, food, drinks, etc.) and I think you can arrange for a snorkel excursion there.

You might consider spending an hour or two at The Money Bar with great snorkeling from the shore (but no beach) with good facilities/food/drinks/service and then catching a taxi to Paradise Beach - $3 admission, water toys, great facilities, HUGE pool, plus good food drinks and service.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Same question here....would like to enjoy snorkeling as well as water park. How hard is it to catch a taxi from The Money bar to Paradise Beach? Would it be worth it to rent a car to get around to a different part of Cozumel?

Same question here....would like to enjoy snorkeling as well as water park. How hard is it to catch a taxi from The Money bar to Paradise Beach? Would it be worth it to rent a car to get around to a different part of Cozumel?

Easy to catch a cab - if none are waiting the staff there will call for one; never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes - cabs are very efficient on Coz.

Unless you want to tour the other side of the island (beautiful scenery & some fun bars, but beaches that are unsafe for swimming) I would not bother with a rental car. If you want to visit a few places you could hire a driver for 2-3 hours.

• 1 year later...
No place with a sandy beach will offer great snorkeling - the waves and sand tend to cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in.

Have not been to either Paradise Island or Playa Mia. Mr. Sanchos non-AI side will meet your other needs (inflatable water toys, food, drinks, etc.) and I think you can arrange for a snorkel excursion there.

You might consider spending an hour or two at The Money Bar with great snorkeling from the shore (but no beach) with good facilities/food/drinks/service and then catching a taxi to Paradise Beach - $3 admission, water toys, great facilities, HUGE pool, plus good food drinks and service.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Curious as we would love to snorkel a bit at money bar then head to paradise beach. If going to money in the am what is expected as far as purchasing (bit early for drinks)