Changing travel agents

mainecruiser25

Has anyone ever changed TA's after a reservation has been made? My agent is phasing out booking cruises and we have an existing reservation with her (3 cabins on the Vista, April 2017) and I'm worried that she is going to get done before my sail date gets here. Is there any way to switch agents after it's been booked? I can't cancel and rebook because it is an early saver. Help?!

Edited by mainecruiser25

If your travel agent goes out of business, contact Carnival and they will transfer the booking directly to them after they confirm that the travel agency is indeed out of business. At that time, you can continue managing your booking directly with Carnival (which is what I would do), or you may choose to transfer the booking to yet another travel agent, although I don't know if Carnival would allow that since the first travel agent already collected a commission on that booking.

or you may choose to transfer the booking to yet another travel agent, although I don't know if Carnival would allow that since the first travel agent already collected a commission on that booking.

The TA doesn't receive commission until AFTER the passenger travels. Not at the time of the booking.

Edited by MaiTaiMary
Typo