Cruise Critic group rates/member cruises

VaCruzers

I tried a search but couldn't find this specifically addressed. I feel like I know the answer, but wanted to confirm. It is my presumption that if you make a reservation for one of the Cruise Critic member group cruises, the group rate advertised is not subject to any adjustment. For example, you do not get an additional C&A balcony discount, can't apply any coupons, etc...Can anyone verify or clarify if this is incorrect? Thanks !!

We have a group of 31 (so far) going on the Explorer in March 2006. We all booked at the posted price in the summer. When our C & A came we were able to use the discount coupons to get more money off the rooms. Then just last month I noticed on the RCCL website that the price of the cabins for our cruise had dropped. We have a promanade room and the price dropped from $999 p/p to $839 p/p. My sister and brother-in-law have a balcony, their's was $1249 p/p the priced dropped to $1099 p/p. She called our TA and she contacted RCCL and the whole group got the new lower prices plus the C & A coupon were still good. Since I had already paid my cruise off I received a credit on my credit card. I was hoping for a shipboard credit but a refund is a refund.

On our CC group cruise you can use the C&A coupons at face value. If you are a Diamond member of C&A you do get the same discount on balcony cabins. The only thing that you do not get is the onboard credit if you book while taking another cruise. I am not sure why that is but that is the only exception.

Jan

• Administrators

Our Preferred Cruise Agencies are are glad to utilize any C&A coupons or pre-cruise discounts on all Cruise Critic groups (the only exception is the 12/18 Enchantment of the Seas).

Laura

Thanks everyone for the replies. Laura, you actually gave me the answer I was seeking because I was considering the 12/18 Enchantment. Still good rates, but would have been even more awesome with the C&A balcony discount. I'll have to give it some consideration....Thanks again!

I tried a search but couldn't find this specifically addressed. I feel like I know the answer, but wanted to confirm. It is my presumption that if you make a reservation for one of the Cruise Critic member group cruises, the group rate advertised is not subject to any adjustment. For example, you do not get an additional C&A balcony discount, can't apply any coupons, etc...Can anyone verify or clarify if this is incorrect? Thanks !!

Not so. At least not in the case of my upcoming CC group cruise in two weeks. However, I believe it depends entirely on the TA the group is working with. I used a $225 (I think that was the amount) C&A coupon for mine and it was honoured.

Beth

Not so. At least not in the case of my upcoming CC group cruise in two weeks. However, I believe it depends entirely on the TA the group is working with. I used a $225 (I think that was the amount) C&A coupon for mine and it was honoured.

Beth

Where did you get that coupon? Mine was for $50.

-DEM920

Archived