2015 Legal/ Drinking Age Roatan

mickeychicky

There is way too much conflicting info out there on this question.

Can someone, who RECENTLY (in 2015) has visited Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras and/or Little French Key who is, or was with some someone who is, in the age range of 18-20 please tell me what the drinking age is? The internet appears to be inconsistent. I would like to hear from those who actually know the answer from personal experience and not just from those who have googled the answer and got the same results I did.

Frommers: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/honduras/767144 Drinking Laws -- Possession and use of drugs and narcotics are subject to heavy fines and jail terms. The legal drinking age in Honduras is 21. Alcohol is sold every day of the year, except during elections, and can be bought from almost any grocery store or bodega. Proof of age is sometimes required at bars and nightclubs, so it's always a good idea to bring ID when you go out. I have no idea how current or up to date this website/information is.

This website, updated last on 8/25/15, says 18: http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004294 and if you click on the actual country Honduras, it brings up a new page http://drinkingage.procon.org/sourcefiles/honduras-drinking-age.pdf and it says 18

Read somewhere in one of the threads it was 21 and not sure if that was this year or not. Some info is old and may have changed this year, that's why I am asking for current experiences.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

My son (19) and his GF (20) were just there with me. He got asked nothing. She ordered a pina colada and they said, "Virgin?" I said, "She's 20". They shrugged and made the drink. After the first day, that was it. We were at Infinity Bay Resort in West Bay.

My son (19) and his GF (20) were just there with me. He got asked nothing. She ordered a pina colada and they said, "Virgin?" I said, "She's 20". They shrugged and made the drink. After the first day, that was it. We were at Infinity Bay Resort in West Bay.

Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums