Cruises taken/days sailed

Mario earned most of his points the hard way ....1(one) at a time . Mario only books inside rooms as stated in post # of this thread. During the period of 2000 to September 2013 he did not earn double points as RCCL started double points for Solos October 2013.

Actually, he did. Until RCI changed their smoking policy in 201x?, he cruised in JS, which have been getting double points for a long time. But he still has an impressive cruising history.

True. All the Pinnacles we met last month on FOS were over 1000 days. And I was excited to be reaching 100!

We are nominally over 1000 days, but a lot of that was conversion credit. I'd say that our actual days on RCI once you strip away double credits for suites and the rounding up of short cruises closer to 500. They should love us for that.:p

As for the free cruise reward, no other line has that kind of perk in place. It may not seem like much to some people, but we enjoy it. We don't cruise to get to the next freebie, but when it arrives it's appreciated.

Yes, you are right... Those that did a lot of weekend cruising prior to 2011 got rounded up during the conversion, but a lot of others did it and are doing it on longer cruises so each day counts.

It´s not only the conversion, actually at the Point of the conversion I had more actual cruise nights than Points due to the conversion, as I had mostly Cruises in the 10-14 night range.

However don´t Forget the extra Points for cruising as a single and/or cruising in a Suite. You can rack up up to three Points per actual sailed night with this.

Then there has been the Diamonds in December when quite a few C&A members racked up their Points over several years.

Now they gave additional Points for spending at least on a few select Cruises.

My guess is you will have to search quite a bit for a C&A account in the Diamond or up range, where cruise Points in the account reflect the exact nights at sea.

At the end of the day it doesn´t really matter. There´s more important Things to worry about in todays world and many People have impressive lists of Cruises. I just don´t think it´s realistic to really convert C&A Points into nights. Yes you earn a Point for every sailed night, but not every earned Point reflects a sailed night.;)

I Completely agree that the points don't match up with the actual numbers in almost all cases due to Suites, Diamonds in December, the actual points to days switchover, and the extra point for cruising single.

What I was trying to point out though is even though people's numbers may be higher for one reason or another there still are many Pinnacle members that have been at sea with RCCL for over 1,000 Days (the ones with 1500+ points).

Edited by Firefighterhoop