14th cruise and I FINALLY got an upsell call.

Love2travel4

Booked on the 12 day Liberty Journey cruise in March. Was booked in an interior (4D). Upgraded today to a balcony (8B) for $460 total. Less than $20pp a day. If I booked it today, it would be an additional $1200 total.

Location might not be my first choice...very forward under the bridge (windy) and a connecting state room. But I've come to realize that my "perfect" cabin is never perfect: loud neighbor's, children running the halls, housekeeping carts rolling by etc. I'm going to enjoy every second of these 12 days and enjoy my first balcony!! Thanks for taking time to read my joy tonight!

Booked on the 12 day Liberty Journey cruise in March. Was booked in an interior (4D). Upgraded today to a balcony (8B) for $460 total. Less than $20pp a day. If I booked it today, it would be an additional $1200 total.

Location might not be my first choice...very forward under the bridge (windy) and a connecting state room. But I've come to realize that my "perfect" cabin is never perfect: loud neighbor's, children running the halls, housekeeping carts rolling by etc. I'm going to enjoy every second of these 12 days and enjoy my first balcony!! Thanks for taking time to read my joy tonight!

Good for you! Enjoy your balcony and the cruise.

Lucky you. Enjoy it.

Thank you...honestly I am in shock. I never expected a call. When my call waiting beeped and I saw a 305 number, I hung up,on my mother...lol! Best part...the cruise is with my mother and I am saving the balcony as a surprise for her. She has never cruised with a balcony either!

Many people on "the other social media site" have been getting calls as well.

Congrats! If there are any other 8Bs available they may allow you to switch, I was able to do that with my one and only upsell.

Thank you again everyone! I actually called to try and switch to another 8B...none available. I will keep checking! I have 4 1/2 months.

• 1 month later...

Enjoy your balcony, but fair warning, you may become spoil and only cruise with one from now on.

In last 3 carnival cruises only 1 upsell call, and that was the first of the 3. Funny thing, it was for the room I almost went with originally with the extended balcony. But we didn't take it, decided to apply extra money on cruise and we were happy.

Edited by wantocruisemore

We got a great deal like yours. We were booked on B2B Journeys cruises for a total of 21 days and were offered an upsell from French door interior to extended balcony for $19 per day. After I hung up I researched the room and found in was under the pool deck and was a room under which they drug the loungers each night and in the morning. I called my PVP back and asked if there was another room available for that price. I am now one deck down on a floor with cabins above and below me. it doesn't hurt to call and ask if you can get a different room for the same deal.

I got the call from the up sell fairy yesterday. We're sailing out of Tampa, FL on the Paradise for New Years Eve and had an OV cabin. They offered us a Grand Suite. (Paradise is a Fantasy class ship so no regular balconies). I grabbed it for $100.00 each. A great deal IMO and will give us so much more space for the 5 of us.:D