Cozumel Bar Hop 12/18/15 anyone doing?

mickeychicky

So we arrive at 8am in Cozumel and depart 5pm and was a little concerned that the bars wouldn't be open that early so I emailed them and asked and was told "No they aren’t, but they are when we get to them at 11am or so, they will be". (So does that mean 11am their time or 12pm ship time)?

So with the tour scheduled for 4.5 - 5 hours wouldn't this be pushing it to get back to the ship by 5pm depart time?

This whole time zone change thing is really screwing with my mind as well. My itinerary says we arrive in port at 8am, so is that "ship time" (EST) or is that Mexico time, which would mean 7am? I live in EST and the last cruise we took, which was our first cruise, we stayed on EST the whole cruise since we did eastern Caribbean so I can't logically wrap my head around the times. I'm pretty smart but simple things like that that I can't figure out make be anxious and irritated. :confused:

Can anyone who has done this shed some light on what time this tour usually starts (ship time vs. Mexico time). And has there ever been an issue with getting back on time?

OH and is anyone doing this excursion on 12/18/15?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mickeychicky,

We're also on the Star for this cruise.. just not sure yet of what we(two couples-30's) plan to do in this port.

We are considering doing an All Inclusive at one of the Beach Resorts nearby and adding in some waverunners... but I'll check back with you if we think a pub crawl might be more interesting. I haven't looked yet, but is it a ship sponsored excursion?

Have you checked in over on our Roll Call?

Hi Mickeychicky,

We're also on the Star for this cruise.. just not sure yet of what we(two couples-30's) plan to do in this port.

We are considering doing an All Inclusive at one of the Beach Resorts nearby and adding in some waverunners... but I'll check back with you if we think a pub crawl might be more interesting. I haven't looked yet, but is it a ship sponsored excursion?

Have you checked in over on our Roll Call?

No, it is not a ship sponsored excursion. Some of the ship excursions that we were looking at, are just too much money for what they offer.