Luggage Forward - how far out to ship?

quakecountry

I believe that Luggage Forward offers you a choice of pick up dates when you book the service. You say what date you want it delivered, they offer a choice of dates and times to pick up.

I'd definitely think it better to get this information directly from the company, rather than from other travellers who may not have requested luggage on the same routing/day of the week/season as yourself.

Edited by Nigella

We'd actually like the luggage delivered to our stateroom.

Yes but you have to tell them what date you want it delivered in order to have it delivered.

You were asking about when to arrange pick up of your bags. They will arrange this depending on what date/time/place you want the bags delivered.

The online booking form will ask you for the details so in your case you will specifiy delivery to Port Everglades, to the Seabourn Odyssey (?), on the date you sail.

When you've completed that information on the booking form they then ask you to choose from a choice of dates and times that you want it picked up from your home or office or wherever is convenient for you.

Am I misunderstanding you?

I recently started the process two months before my trip, as it was my first time using them, but did not have to do it that soon. As someone suggested, contact Luggage Forward for details on your location. I had all the details set up RE date of pickup ( one week before for a pickup from California, large town, for delivery to the ship in Athens, but I had to pre-arrange customs declarations with them as it was international) . They also have to have enough time to send you the luggage tags in advance. You pay in advance, but you can change your mind!

Call them and do everything by phone if you do not want to mess with the online issues.

We've never used Luggage Forward and we are wondering how far in advance to setup PU of our luggage. Pick up in a small town in California to Ft. Laudedale, FL?

This is one of those that it's best to just call them directly yourself.

1 866-416-7447

Why?

Because experiences can vary based on where you are sending the luggage from and too and also a key item is time of year. You have to allow more time say in December (holiday season) than you might another time of year and even time of year with respect to weather is a factor too.

They might even lock up the luggage in certain places as some of them do in Florida allowing you to sent it even earlier.

Just call.

Keith